Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Asking For Recommendations For My Alabama Room

Quote Originally Posted by The Plastic Man View Post
    Bama0037 (or anyone else who may know) - Where did you find that 2011 Nike National Championship Football in the bottom right of one of your pictures? I have looked all over for it recently and every place seems to be sold out.
    2011 Football----Bamstuff.com
    2009 Football----FootballFanatics.com

Bought them both a few weeks back. John

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    AWESOME video and pictures!!!

Two questions:

37bamagreats55, do you remember where you got the houndstooth light switch plates?

bama0037, where did you get the cabinet with the Alabama helmets? It looks like it was made for the helmets. I also love the look of the full size helmets around your tv. Nice!

Thanks....every helmet is game used....I have Trent, Mark Ingram, Julio, Rolando, Javier Arenas, Upshaw...basically every game worn helmet from all the stars of the last few years. I bought the Black Display Units at my local Havertys Furniture Store. They work absolutely perfect to display footballs and helmets.

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bama0037 View Post
    Thanks....every helmet is game used....I have Trent, Mark Ingram, Julio, Rolando, Javier Arenas, Upshaw...basically every game worn helmet from all the stars of the last few years. I bought the Black Display Units at my local Havertys Furniture Store. They work absolutely perfect to display footballs and helmets.
    You have an AWESOME collection! I also love the four flatscreens. Great set-up!

Thanks for the heads up on the cabinet that you have your helmets in. I am going to go on Haverty's website later and see if I can find the cabinet. It looks like it was made for the helmets and footballs. Hopefully they have not discontinued it.

BamaNation Third Team The Plastic Man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BamaGreats and 0037. Picked up one from Bamastuff.com last night.

Greats - I already ordered the 2009 ball (currently on sale in the TideFans store [shameless plug] - just search "football" in the search box). Was looking for the Nike version of this years to keep the same brand going.

0037 - I'm guessing that you are either on the team or work with them in some capacity. Either way, that's really cool, and that's a really impressive collection. If you're ever willing to part with some of it or can hook up a fellow reader, PM me

I've got a small collection going - not looking at anything to resell, just collect.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

How did you get those championship rings? That is awesome. I just recently purchased a replica 2009 ring off eBay a few weeks back.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

The Beveled Edge in Homewood is great for sports items. Chris Oyler is the owner and BAMA fan, he is the only person I trust to leave my valuable Alabama items with. I'm sure he has a website, but I just call him 940-2202. I hope this information helps.

Depot used to have the official colors.
    Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
    I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
    If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
    RTR

[/QUOTE]

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    How did you get those championship rings? That is awesome. I just recently purchased a replica 2009 ring off eBay a few weeks back.

Bought them from one of the former players on the team. You would be surprised by how many of the players sell their Championship Rings and especially some of the bigger names that have sold theirs. I am sure they will regret it once they are older but they are young now and think nothing of it.

BamaNation Third Team The Plastic Man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac - I've been really satisfied with the framing services at Hobby Lobby. If you catch them at the right time, they also run half off sales on off the shelf stuff like shadow boxes as well as custom framing. Might be worth a look for you. I had a frame job done recently on a print about the size of that Derrick Thomas Moore print you've got there...really nice black and red frame, double matte, for about $120.00.

BamaNation First Team Noah.Dreams's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked to see an Alabama jersey with numbers on the shoulder after the 60s. When did that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    let it be,

After everything is said and done, more is said than done.
    DEFY CONVENTIONAL WISDOM.
    - Noah

BamaNation All-American ElkhartTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Bought them from one of the former players on the team. You would be surprised by how many of the players sell their Championship Rings and especially some of the bigger names that have sold theirs. I am sure they will regret it once they are older but they are young now and think nothing of it.
    May I ask you where you buy game used helmets or jerseys? I'm sure they're very expensive but I'd love to have one.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkhartTider View Post
    May I ask you where you buy game used helmets or jerseys? I'm sure they're very expensive but I'd love to have one.

RollTideAuctions has quite a few but they are high sometimes, other than that I have gotten several from former players and other contacts I have made over the years. You can also catch several on ebay if you watch out for them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I know I would never do that. We won back to back state softball championships, and the rings are the best part.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Second Team CrimsonSnake's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Plastic Man View Post
    Cadillac - I've been really satisfied with the framing services at Hobby Lobby. If you catch them at the right time, they also run half off sales on off the shelf stuff like shadow boxes as well as custom framing. Might be worth a look for you. I had a frame job done recently on a print about the size of that Derrick Thomas Moore print you've got there...really nice black and red frame, double matte, for about $120.00.
    If you're anywhere near Huntsville there is a guy here that does a fantastic job framing, don't know about jerseys. I had 2 Daniel Moore full sized prints framed, double matted, the works: both for $140.00. He works thru the local art league, and that's how he charges so little, but does a primo job.

I've also had a few other items framed by the same guy, including tickets and photos and all are great.
    Last edited by CrimsonSnake; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added to...
    "Your Posterior? That's your butt, right?"
    Snake Stabler to Eli Gold

Photo taken in front of Rose Bowl Jan 7, 2010.