Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: ROTUS Gives Another Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nice non sequitur diversion attempt, but it never really had a chance of working.
    when you wallow with swine, you must adapt
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    when you wallow with swine, you must adapt
    Barry is a swine? Ok. And "adapting" means carrying his water to champion every lie? Ok. If that's the way you roll.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Barry is a swine? Ok. And "adapting" means carrying his water to champion every lie? Ok. If that's the way you roll.
    i was worried that putting the decoder rings in the bags of cheetos would get them out to folks who would figure it all out. they didn't listen to me, but i told em. we are going to have to go back to the drawing board if we are going to get those fema camps anywhere close to capacity.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Well, let's do a little check then, shall we?

Is Barry a liar? A fraud? A promoter of class warfare? A promotor of economic theft? Yes on all accounts.

The only ones who make up things out of whole cloth are his slavish supporters, like you.
    You never disappoint on the same tired, unfounded, old dog whistle arguments.

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Calling him a promoter of class warfare is unfounded?
    Do you recall that a few years ago, TV interviewer Charles Gibson pointed out to candidate Barack Obama that raising capital gains tax rates had on a number of occasions led to less capital gains tax revenue being collected — and, conversely, lowering the capital gains tax rates had on other occasions increased the amount of capital gains revenue collected by the government? Obama readily admitted that. But he said that "fairness" justified a higher tax rate on "the rich."

My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

bwahahahaha! How many times have you written that the "haves" should pay more because "that's where the money is"? You believe in class warfare so much that you can't even define the term anymore. You are very useful to the PTBs, comrade.
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; February 27th, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I don't think Obama is a racist, but I do think some of those surrounding him are.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes12 View Post
    Calling him a promoter of class warfare is unfounded?
    Do you recall that a few years ago, TV interviewer Charles Gibson pointed out to candidate Barack Obama that raising capital gains tax rates had on a number of occasions led to less capital gains tax revenue being collected — and, conversely, lowering the capital gains tax rates had on other occasions increased the amount of capital gains revenue collected by the government? Obama readily admitted that. But he said that "fairness" justified a higher tax rate on "the rich."
    that idea has been around a long time.

The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state.

-Bertrand Russell

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

bwahahahaha! How many times have you written that the "haves" should pay more because "that's where the money is"? You believe in class warfare so much that you can't even define the term anymore. You are very useful to the PTBs, comrade.
    Sorry to confuse you with logic. That is not class warfare, its common sense. As long as we continue to spend the money, we should at least attempt to pay for it. I understand if you dont want to spend it in the first place but that is not where we are today.
    Any actual class warfare is over and the middle class was defeated years ago and the 1%ers were obviously victorious.

My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Sorry to confuse you with logic. That is not class warfare, its common sense.
    "Logic" and "common sense" would be two more concepts about which you are clueless. The bottom 47% pay nothing in federal income taxes. The top few percent pay the lion's share. We have billions of dollars being redistributed every year. And Barry keeps demonizing success. And you say that's not class warfare?
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; February 27th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

So lovely to see the personal insults starting to fly.

How many more months until the election?

BTW, I'm changing the title. Discuss what you please within the body of your posts, but at least have clear titles so we know what you're talking about. Thanks.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

in defense of the title, he gives a speech that encourages the use of churches to further his election (which last time i checked should result in the revocation of those church's tax exempt status- im sure holder will get right on that).
    in the speech he also says that everyone must play by the same rules, which makes him a hypocrite.

so he is much much more than simply a racist. if i wanted to expound on just his racism i would have brought up the multiple other points which overtly show his bigoted nature. all that being said im fine with a title change- the most important thing is that we all get to laugh at the amazing mental gyrations the usual suspects use to defend this abomination of a president.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    in defense of the title, he gives a speech that encourages the use of churches to further his election (which last time i checked should result in the revocation of those church's tax exempt status- im sure holder will get right on that).
    in the speech he also says that everyone must play by the same rules, which makes him a hypocrite.

so he is much much more than simply a racist. if i wanted to expound on just his racism i would have brought up the multiple other points which overtly show his bigoted nature. all that being said im fine with a title change- the most important thing is that we all get to laugh at the amazing mental gyrations the usual suspects use to defend this abomination of a president.
    Nah... I'm having a good laugh watching a lot of you get so worked up about him all the time. Highly entertaining.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick