Daytona Five Hunnert Just Started

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Just think, most of the good drivers make a couple of million a year or more, especially between racing, sponsorship deals and their fans. Anyone realize that a lot of the crew chiefs and most if not all the engine developers at the shops are engineers. Several drivers, like Ryan Newman for example, are also engineers. Somebody pay me a million a year to drive fast and turn left.

I

It's On A Slab

I told 'dem boys down on pit row not to be lightin' farts near the damn jet fuel. :eek:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Did you notice the trucks at the bottom of track as the ignited fuel was running down the track. Think I would have moved them or the race may never have ended. :biggrin:

I wonder what Talladega is going to be like?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't get it.
TIDE detergent was used to clean up the mess from the fire. The sports folks were joking on Twitter during the incident about how the "Tide" was working. Keggs is using a play on how some redneck will probably call in today and say something like "Pawl, the TIDE worked well last night. Didn't it?"

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Couldn't stay up for the entire race. Had hoped Smoke or Jr would win it. I like Smoke because he races like #3...most aggressive guy out there. I did always hate when Tony would whine, but he's stopped that.

I like Jr, admittedly, just because he's Dale's boy.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Couldn't stay up for the entire race. Had hoped Smoke or Jr would win it. I like Smoke because he races like #3...most aggressive guy out there. I did always hate when Tony would whine, but he's stopped that.

I like Jr, admittedly, just because he's Dale's boy.
Imo, #18 is the closest in form to #3. Half the people want to see him wreck, half the people want to see him win, but everybody wants to see him. Earnhardt was the villain back in the day. Everyone forgets that part, but it's why I liked him.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
As much as I dislike Kyle, he is probably one of the best if not the best driver out there. Not too many people can save a car going 190 mph once much less twice like he did Saturday during the Nationwide race. Problem is he whines, Dale Sr. did not whine, he just moved you.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
As much as I dislike Kyle, he is probably one of the best if not the best driver out there. Not too many people can save a car going 190 mph once much less twice like he did Saturday during the Nationwide race. Problem is he whines, Dale Sr. did not whine, he just moved you.
which is why I like Tony, and why I did not bold the first part of that sentence. ;)

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
which is why I like Tony, and why I did not bold the first part of that sentence. ;)
"I didn't bump him. I just rubbed him a little. I was just trying to rattle his cage. Rubbin's racin'." - Dale Earnhardt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.