2013 OL Laremy Tunsil Updates

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamat49

Jun 29, 2011
If he wants to a championship he better think again ? We will win with or without him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#16

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
i agree tunsil was never ours, i probably prefer him at ole sis than uga. this changes nothing that pertains to us this last week. ole sis isnt passing the smell test.
actually, Tunsil was a Bama lean for awhile then it became a UA/UGA battle. with this news of Ole Miss leading is simply crazy. so in the last 2 weeks before NSD, OM comes in the picture and gets his committment?????????????

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Some of the worst blatant cheating is going on since Camgate. If Tunsil signs with them the NCAA might as well be in oxford for the next year. Miss State (who isn't clean either ) Has already been saying things because of Chris Jones ,will go nuts if this happens.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
I don't have faith the NCAA can handle anything correctly.
they could even get the miami investigation right. i have no faith in them at all. however you know red flags are up everywhere when you have a program like ole miss who might have the 3 top players in this recruiting class.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I don't know if O Miss is cheating; I do know Freeze is a good recruiter and high school coaches in Miss think highly of his character; and I do know most rival fans think Bama cheats to get so many good recruits. Maybe the kid is just confused. Who knows. Bama has a great recruiting class with or without Tunsil

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
OOOOOHHHHH woe is us. What will we ever do with the number two class(about the worst we can do at this point) nation wide added to this team of multiple champions?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know if O Miss is cheating; I do know Freeze is a good recruiter and high school coaches in Miss think highly of his character; and I do know most rival fans think Bama cheats to get so many good recruits. Maybe the kid is just confused. Who knows. Bama has a great recruiting class with or without Tunsil
Ole Miss is cheating big time. Believe me...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know if O Miss is cheating; I do know Freeze is a good recruiter and high school coaches in Miss think highly of his character;
If Freeze is a good recruiter, why did Ole Miss only sign two 4* players in 2012?

In regards to Ole Miss's 2013 class:

Three of Ole Miss's five early enrollees are from the state of Mississippi, and all three played at Mississippi JUCOs.

Seven of Ole Miss's 18 committed recruits are from the state of Mississippi. Of the seven, two are 4*s and 5 are 3*s. (Reed is included in this list but is expected to sign elsewhere.)

One player is from Illinois (Treadwell is a 5* and considered the #1 WR by many), and one player is from Indiana (Daniel is a 4*).

Two players are from Texas. Three from Georgia. One is from Louisiana. Two are from Tennessee and Texas.

Then, you have to consider Nkemdiche is from Georgia and Tunsil is from Florida.

Not even half of Ole Miss's signing class will be from Mississippi JUCOs or High Schools. This recruiting success doesn't come from how the Mississippi high school coaches feel about Hugh Freeze.

and I do know most rival fans think Bama cheats to get so many good recruits. Maybe the kid is just confused. Who knows. Bama has a great recruiting class with or without Tunsil
Fans have said that for years but haven't provided proof. Fans from several schools are becoming interested in Ole Miss because a 7-6 program with a coach entering his fourth year as a head coach doesn't all of a sudden get the top players Ole Miss is getting this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If Freeze is a good recruiter, why did Ole Miss only sign two 4* players in 2012?

In regards to Ole Miss's 2013 class:

Three of Ole Miss's five early enrollees are from the state of Mississippi, and all three played at Mississippi JUCOs.

Seven of Ole Miss's 18 committed recruits are from the state of Mississippi. Of the seven, two are 4*s and 5 are 3*s. (Reed is included in this list but is expected to sign elsewhere.)

One player is from Illinois (Treadwell is a 5* and considered the #1 WR by many), and one player is from Indiana (Daniel is a 4*).

Two players are from Texas. Three from Georgia. One is from Louisiana. Two are from Tennessee and Texas.

Then, you have to consider Nkemdiche is from Georgia and Tunsil is from Florida.

Not even half of Ole Miss's signing class will be from Mississippi JUCOs or High Schools. This recruiting success doesn't come from how the Mississippi high school coaches feel about Hugh Freeze.

Fans have said that for years but haven't provided proof. Fans from several schools are becoming interested in Ole Miss because a 7-6 program with a coach entering his fourth year as a head coach doesn't all of a sudden get the top players Ole Miss is getting this year.
If something looks extremely improbable, then it is, well, improbable. The problem is, as Saban has said in the past, you cannot develop nor discipline a player who has been bought. Going further back, Coach Bryant remarked that he could tell when a player was getting something extra on the side, because the effort just wasn't there. Now that OM has all these 4*s and 5*s, let's see how they can develop them...

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
actually, Tunsil was a Bama lean for awhile then it became a UA/UGA battle. with this news of Ole Miss leading is simply crazy. so in the last 2 weeks before NSD, OM comes in the picture and gets his committment?????????????
Laremy tunsil committed to mark richt two weeks ago after his visit and ugasports had the comments from tunsil regarding it. so he goes from being committed to uga 2 weeks ago and after one weekend he decides on now going to ole miss? it smells bigtime and it hurts uga. we don't have a bigtime lt on this team. mark beard is a good tackle, but tunsil as most believe could be a difference maker pretty early in his career.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
What's up with the meltdown material on this board today?Seriously it's every thread. Chill folks. We've been a distant second for tunail for a long while now and no one who follows it even thought we'd get him from uga. The ole miss is cheating stuff should go int the ole miss is cheating thread, believe it or not we have one of those on a board that doesn't allow rumors.
Poke,

I don't think, at least not myself, that Bama fans are in meltdown mode about Tunsil. since we have Saban and I don't sweat about recruiting anymore on any prospect ever. It
is more about the OM recruiting class for 2013.

something is rotten in the state of Mississippi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.