2013 OL Laremy Tunsil Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Since everyone seems to agree that OL will be a `13 emphasis, anyone know anything about L. Tunsil ? Seems to be highly rated early on. Visit? Interested in us?

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: Laremy Tunsil ?

Last I heard there is definitely some interest in him from UA staff but UA is probably 3rd or 4th on his initial list of suitors. He seems like a UF/FSU battle atm but it's very early

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

There's definite interest there, but he'll likely be a tough pull from the state of Florida. Plenty of time to work on him though.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Tunsil named his top 5 today and we made the cut along with FL, LSWHO, GA and Oklahoma. He said he likes all of their playbooks, will get to pull and put his hand on the ground. I believe FL is the team to beat but we do have a chance. He is a top 5 national player and #1 OT.

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

Tunsil named his top 5 today and we made the cut along with FL, LSWHO, GA and Oklahoma. He said he likes all of their playbooks, will get to pull and put his hand on the ground. I believe FL is the team to beat but we do have a chance. He is a top 5 national player and #1 OT.
I would think he would want to play left tackle and with DJ Humphries and Max Garcia ahead of him at florida we should be rather appealing, especially given the possibility of cyrus leaving early.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I want this guy. Haven't seen his film yet. Haven't read any information on him. I want him, though. His name is too awesome.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

From everything I have seen it will be between UGA and UF with LSU coming on quick. I am glad we made his top 5 but I think we are just a name at this point.
If we get an OV then I think we have a good chance but I agree with you that we are not in the top 2 and probably not the top 3 at this moment

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

If we get an OV then I think we have a good chance but I agree with you that we are not in the top 2 and probably not the top 3 at this moment
From what I understand, the head coach at St. Thomas Aquinas will not support a trip to Alabama. He still has issues from the Shula firing, despite his relationship with current assistant coach Bobby Williams. However, Bosa's parents were very keen on Coach Saban and his program, so that could be overcome. That is assuming that Ohio State doesn't have this fully locked up already.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

From what I understand, the head coach at St. Thomas Aquinas will not support a trip to Alabama. He still has issues from the Shula firing, despite his relationship with current assistant coach Bobby Williams. However, Bosa's parents were very keen on Coach Saban and his program, so that could be overcome. That is assuming that Ohio State doesn't have this fully locked up already.
I would hope that Cris Carter would help with that since he is still a coach at STA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I would hope that Cris Carter would help with that since he is still a coach at STA.
This coach needs to get over himself. Heck, no telling how much money the Saban's put into STA since CNS's daughter went there when he coached Miami.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL

Insider piece on Tunsil after his camp visit. 'Outsider' view shows:

"The new ESPN 150 rankings came out Wednesday, and the University of Alabama has a chance to land the top three recruits in the 2013 class.

Five-star offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil has already thought about the chance to suit up with both the No. 1 player Robert Nkemdiche and the No. 2 player Reuben Foster as a part of the Crimson Tide.

“I had a dream about that, where all of us sign,” Tunsil said. “I was like, ‘Wow, that’s another national championship right there.’”"

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=12604

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

“I had a dream about that, where all of us sign,” Tunsil said. “I was like, ‘Wow, that’s another national championship right there.’”"
Good to hear about our new standing with Tunsil, but I absolutely hate to hear comments like that. It is precisely that mentality that leads to institutional complacency, when you have kids who haven't enrolled in English 101 yet just assume a national championship is headed their way basically because they are (1) awesome and (2) showing up.

It was that attitude that kept all-word USC away from a national championship for years because they couldn't beat the Stanfords and the Oregon States of the world. Hope we can successfully guard against it in Tuscaloosa. Otherwise we'll end up just like SC... put 12 kids in one year in the NFL and not get a sniff of a ring because we snoozed through games against Mississippi State and South Carolina.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Good to hear about our new standing with Tunsil, but I absolutely hate to hear comments like that. It is precisely that mentality that leads to institutional complacency, when you have kids who haven't enrolled in English 101 yet just assume a national championship is headed their way basically because they are (1) awesome and (2) showing up.

It was that attitude that kept all-word USC away from a national championship for years because they couldn't beat the Stanfords and the Oregon States of the world. Hope we can successfully guard against it in Tuscaloosa. Otherwise we'll end up just like SC... put 12 kids in one year in the NFL and not get a sniff of a ring because we snoozed through games against Mississippi State and South Carolina.
I think you're reading a tad too much into one comment. What about Nick Saban's program structure leads one to believe that the coaching staff or leaders would allow that mentality to last long?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I like that quote in the fact that highly rated recruits think like this. Like Capstone, I don't think Saban, staff, leaders or program would allow this type mentality to last long (first few weeks they report). Urban Meyer did have this problem with his highly rated 2010 class but he was on the brink of a nervous breakdown and losing control of the program.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL

Yeah, it wouldn't last. It's good to hear, though, because it means that the cream of the crop, and those who may think they are, see bama as a place where another NC is well within reach. This is not to discount the work required, naturally, but it goes without saying that bama's built a program that is at the forefront of everyone's mind when they consider the top contenders. We would want recruits to be the first to make that connection. If the best players see themselves realistically getting a NC and not just being a part of trying to grow a team to challenge for one, it removes a big hurdle in their minds. "Is a big ole ring possible here?" Absolutely. "With me and the talent they're already bringing in?" Double absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.