2013 OL Laremy Tunsil Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
And the circus will continue to grow each year. That is media driven guarantee.
Yes, well, the media hypes it because we are interested. How many pages do we have on this thread about Tunsil? Anyway, things have a way of working themselves out in the Saban era. This guy may have a ton of talent but we will win without him. I like the character of our team and it is made up of a lot of good character kids.

I can say I am guilty of following recruiting every year. It is a lot of fun. I must say though that I prefer recruiting seasons like last year...boring :cool:

4everBAMA

Sep 26, 2007
I look at it like this. When you are a 5 star caliber player, you can choose to go anywhere you want, now I'm not sure why that would be Ole Miss (don't they have some pretty girls over there :conf3:) but that's a lot of power for an 18/19 year old, and sometimes strange things happen.

Ole Miss is no doubt the surprise of this recruiting year, whatever's being given out there, is being gobbled up.

As we all know, it's not enough to just win the recruits on NSD. You need to coach them, feed them, and develop their talents and skills. We'll see in the years to come how well Hugh Freeze will do with the talent.

As far as "cheating", whose heard anything? Have there been any reports, allegations or anything? I'll reserve judgement for when I actually hear of something.
IMO, watching Ole Miss play this past season, Freeze appears to be a very capable HC. He has 11 guys going all out on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. My point is, regardless of how they're suddenly procuring all this top-notch talent, they will be a formidable opponent in the SEC West sooner rather than later. Perhaps not ever at BAMA's level, but a force nonetheless. I hope I'm wrong, of course, (the conference is tough enough already - getting through unscathed is going to be next to impossible and remember: if OSU is not on probation this past year, they play ND for the "NC" with the whole of the SEC knowing the results would be bogus) but that's what I see coming.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
IMO, watching Ole Miss play this past season, Freeze appears to be a very capable HC. He has 11 guys going all out on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. My point is, regardless of how they're suddenly procuring all this top-notch talent, they will be a formidable opponent in the SEC West sooner rather than later. Perhaps not ever at BAMA's level, but a force nonetheless. I hope I'm wrong, of course, (the conference is tough enough already - getting through unscathed is going to be next to impossible and remember: if OSU is not on probation this past year, they play ND for the "NC" with the whole of the SEC knowing the results would be bogus) but that's what I see coming.
OSU did not have to play a CG. They also played the entire season without pressure. I'm not sure it's a slam dunk to say they'd be playing ND, regardless of their eligibility.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
OSU played with zero pressure all year and was unable to play in a championship game. That's completely different than playing with A LOT of pressure all year with a target on your back.

Also, OSU's schedule was awful. I'm not convinced they would get in over a one loss SEC champion.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
OSU played with zero pressure all year and was unable to play in a championship game. That's completely different than playing with A LOT of pressure all year with a target on your back.

Also, OSU's schedule was awful. I'm not convinced they would get in over a one loss SEC champion.
OSU had to score in the last minute to beat Indiana. Nuff said.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
Back on subject, UGA is in meltdown mode over Tunsil. They offered OT George Adeosun, who at this time last week had one FBS offer (UVA) and is comitted to William and Mary. They are scrambling to fill spots now it seems.
matt the reason for that regarding george was his sr film was not out til 2 weeks ago. teams offer base on the jr film. he didn't start his jr year, but he blew up his sr year and his new video looks very nice. he has almost 15 offers from teams like oklahoma to uga now . we know he is a backup option, but he is a talented young man who is wanted. he is already 300 lbs and it's a good 300 lbs.. he is visiting asu right now and he might end up there, but it doesn't hurt to send out an offer. we would have devondre seymour already committed and in the fold but he won't qualify so he is heading to prep or juco right now.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
Kublanow says he is 'shocked'..

Count Georgia commitment Brandon Kublanow among those who remain a bit mystified by the notion that five-star offensive tackle and good friend Laremy Tunsil has settled on Ole Miss.
"I was really shocked. Me and him have a pretty good relationship and I've pretty much talked with him a ton this past couple of months and he seemed locked into coming here (UGA)," Kublanow said Saturday. "We seemed like we were way in the lead and he was coming and then I woke up Friday and got a text that Laremy has shut it down and is headed to Ole Miss."
Along with early enrollee Tray Matthews, among others, Kublanow and Tunsil became fast friends when the two met for the first time during late spring when they both came to Athens for the annual Mark Richt Camp.

Later, the two became teammates in San Antonio, Tex. for the U.S. Army All-American game and over the past several months have stayed in constant contact with one another.

That's one of the things Kublanow says makes the situation so strange regarding what he hears about Tunsil, whose first trip to Oxford took place during last week's official visit. Tunsil is set to announce his decision on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. on ESPNU.

"It was pretty shocking, I'm pretty (ticked). I'm trying to get in contact with him, but he's shut everything down," Kublanow said. "I guess we'll just have to see what happens on Signing Day."

Kublanow said the two last spoke on Tuesday.

At that time, the news was good for Bulldog fans.

"I talked to him on Tuesday of this week and he said he was still coming (to UGA)," Kublanow said. "So I guess after the in-home visit with Coach (Hugh) Freeze … You never know. It might be something behind it, you never know. He might still end up signing with UGA on Signing Day. We'll see."

As for Kublanow, he's just glad there was never any drama involved with his decision and the four-star offensive lineman will sign with the Bulldog at 8 a.m. Wednesday.

He holds out hope that Tunsil will join him, too.

"It's a great opportunity here at UGA," he said. "But right now I've got no idea."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm just very disappointed that OM could turn him instantly, given what I know about OM's tactics. Tells me a lot about him...

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I'm just very disappointed that OM could turn him instantly, given what I know about OM's tactics. Tells me a lot about him...
Fortunately we are having a dream year. If we were struggling, living among all these Ole Sis Brown Bears would be unbearable (sorry about the unintentional pun).

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
According to the Ole Miss faithful, they are already selected for the BCS National Championship Game in Pasadena. Also, Saban will resign after signing day because he cannot keep up with Coach Freeze. I know the policy on starting rumors, I am just repeating what is coming out of the Brown Bear fanbase. Sorry to see our success come to such an abrupt halt. Oh and one other point, we are about to get hammered by the NZAA. Simple reasoning is that no recruit in his right mind would choose Tuscaloosa over Oxford. DON'T HATE THE MESSENGER!!!

According to the Ole Miss faithful, they are already selected for the BCS National Championship Game in Pasadena. Also, Saban will resign after signing day because he cannot keep up with Coach Freeze. I know the policy on starting rumors, I am just repeating what is coming out of the Brown Bear fanbase. Sorry to see our success come to such an abrupt halt. Oh and one other point, we are about to get hammered by the NZAA. Simple reasoning is that no recruit in his right mind would choose Tuscaloosa over Oxford. DON'T HATE THE MESSENGER!!!
I believe you.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL! Sounds like them. With a wife who's an OM grad and Oxford native, I know a bunch. They live in the past, and not just about football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.