Bama at the bottom of returning touchdown makers

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ehh... I'm not sure that is much of a story for us. Our touchdown guy was Trent. Before him, it was Mark. We haven't had a problem with transitions yet. Eddie and Jalston both got plenty of experience last year.

I just don't see this being a big story. Maybe I've had too much Kool-aid today.

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
Our offense should be better in 2012. Our running game next year should still be great, and now that AJ has developed into a passing threat I doubt we will have problems scoring.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Texas A&M and Missouri will find 50 offensive TDs a bigger challenge this year. I'm guessing they both struggle to get to 40.........

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Our offense should be better in 2012. Our running game next year should still be great, and now that AJ has developed into a passing threat I doubt we will have problems scoring.
I think our passing game could be somewhat better, but you don't lose a player of TR's caliber and get BETTER in the ground game, even with a player as good as EL returning. However, with the returning OL and QB, we should definitely still have a very effective offense overall.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
You lose the guy who set the SEC record for most rushing TD's in a season and you're going to always be at the bottom of lists like that.

LoyalAlum

Scout Team
Jun 13, 2009
It's just a stupid comparison. Maybe it's important to the slavering masses who only want to see (non-SEC, non-CNS) offensive shootouts with no defense. The same people who complained that the Bama/LSU matchups were boring because there was so little scoring.

CNS doesn't rely on huge scoring stats. He doesn't have to....Kirby makes sure of that.

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
I think our passing game could be somewhat better, but you don't lose a player of TR's caliber and get BETTER in the ground game, even with a player as good as EL returning. However, with the returning OL and QB, we should definitely still have a very effective offense overall.
That's exactly why I said our running game "should still be great", not better.

On the bright side, all the other SEC teams score all their touchdowns on teams other than Alabama.

ROLL TIDE!
Exactly!! The list is actually pretty good. It just show what is being lost that's all. No reason to get upset. I'll tell you this. Our offense will still be balanced and the defense will still be nasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I still worry about AJ's down hill threat passing. He has some mechanics issues with the deep ball. The arm power is there, but the accuracy is not. The intermediate and short passes seem to be in order. I hope the new offensive coordinator can help AJ on some of these issues.

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
Thankfully, we are returning CNS.:smile: and no one else is.
Post of the day...

The deceptive part of that article is it doesn't allow for us having 4 and 5 star talent already in the system waiting their turn to get plugged in. With all our top recruiting classes in recent years, I'd say there's not gonna be that much of a problem. Plus we have plenty of guys that weren't starters that have plenty of playing time. Not worried. It's a deceptive stat....

wrathin

Suspended
Oct 30, 2011
I still worry about AJ's down hill threat passing. He has some mechanics issues with the deep ball. The arm power is there, but the accuracy is not. The intermediate and short passes seem to be in order. I hope the new offensive coordinator can help AJ on some of these issues.
Meh, I think that most of his problem was that our main Wr's (while solid) did not have an elite burst to run under the deep ball, bc he was throwing deeper than normal to keep the
db away from the ball. Not knocking our Wr's just saying that we didn't have that 6th gear needed for how he is taught to throw.

Case in point; Maze had the best 10 yd split among Wr's yet still ran an average/mediocre 40 time for a WR. Thus showing the fact that his top end speed was not quite as fast as previously thought.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't really think that is a very big problem. He doesn't always have to hit the deep passes. Those help indirectly by getting the DBs and Safeties off the line. As long as he connects on the short to intermediate throws, we don't have much to worry about since we don't throw deep often.

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011
I'll bet those teams returning all that firepower didn't score many of those points against our defense.

Like I said last year, the toughest defense our offense will ever face was their own defense in practice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.