Game Thread: Bama @ Southern Miss

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Don't want to be too negative and the season is just getting started- but this team has been incredibly underwelming so far against some middle of the road competition. Is the talent level that bad or do we have some questionble coaching going on. Sad to see what was once a really good college baseball program slipping like this. Once again. I know it's very early in the season, but wow.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I'm going to try to not let this get me down on the team. Like I stated in an earlier thread, I've almost given up in previous years; only to see the team turn it around and get hot in SEC play. I would like to play well for an entire season and be able to get a good seed and host a regional again. Seems like right now, we are the type of team to just get in tournament.

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
Don't want to be too negative and the season is just getting started- but this team has been incredibly underwelming so far against some middle of the road competition. Is the talent level that bad or do we have some questionble coaching going on. Sad to see what was once a really good college baseball program slipping like this. Once again. I know it's very early in the season, but wow.
It's entirely coaching. Wells would have never let it get this bad.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
We have got to start hitting the ball; getting outhit by 10 hits or so every game is not going to get us many wins. I realize it is early but we are in real jeopardy of falling to 4-7 this weekend. Here is hoping we fix this problem quickly.:mad2:

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
It's entirely coaching. Wells would have never let it get this bad.
Many people criticized CJW, but one thing for sure, we would be fundamentally sound and not beat ourselves and fall apart. I've seen him pull players in the middle of games because they screwed up and they didn't make the same mistake again. Being the Head Coach isn't a popularity contest.
Coach Gaspard can do it, but I think its obvious he has some tough decisions to make in the near future.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.