So where does the 2010 recruiting class stand

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The 2010 class was really the first Saban recruiting class to come in when you could say the program was in full swing. The 2008 and 2009 classes had the depth chart situation to their advantage where several guys could step in an contribute early in their career. Guys like Millner, Mosley, and White are high schoolers who have already contributed. Menzie was a JUCO who started for 2 seasons. What about the rest of the class? I know Alfy Hill never got onto campus and Corey Grant was released for a transfer to Auburn after one season.

2012 is probably the first season when the bulk of this class starts to see opportunities to contribute and I was wonder who has transferred, who is likely stuck in the depth chart logjam, and who I might be overlooking as a potential stud?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
EDIT: Posters have found some mistakes in the list. I've corrected any that have been brought to my attention. Those that were on the 2011 roster have a link to their player profile on rolltide.com.

Deion Belue - JUCO but signed with Bama this year and is on campus.
Ronald Carswell - not on the roster
Cade Foster - plenty of PT thus far
Jalson Fowler - played both years on campus, possibly #2 man this year
John Fulton - Played Freshmen and Sophomore years, looking to make an impact in 2012 but must compete with Dee, Belue and Dixon.
Corey Grant - RS and then transferred to Auburn
Alfy Hill - Never made it
Adrian Hubbard - Got PT this year, has the chance to make impact in 2012
Brandon Ivory - RS and then got some PT this year, maybe makes a big impact in 2012
Harrison Jones - RS and then got some PT in 2011
Arie Kouandjio - RS and then PT in 2011
Brandon Lewis - RS in 2010 after playing 2 years in JUCO played TE in 2011
Chad Lindsay - not seen the field yet
Wilson Love - not seen the field yet
Keiwone Malone - RS and then transferred to Memphis
DQ Menzie - two quality years at Bama, now off to NFL
Dee Milliner - started from day 1 and looks to be THE DB this year
CJ Mosley - started Freshman year and continues to make an impact
Nick Perry - mop up duty during first two years, might make an impact or might get stuck behind other Safeties
Austin Shepherd - RS and played back up RT in 7 games
Blake Sims - RS and then played RB in mop up duty this year
Phillip Sims - RS and then battled AJ for #1 QB
Brian Vogler - RS and looked promising during 2011 Spring practice
DeAndrew White - RS and then showed off in 2011
Jarrick Williams - mop up duty and falls in with Perry in regards to younger and more hyped Safeties
Jay Williams - don't remember him doing anything

Guys to watch for in 2012 from the 2010 class that haven't gotten much PT - Blake Sims (I hope at least), Belue (guess he counts), Hubbard, Ivory, Jones/Vogler at T.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Jay Williams was a punter right? I think he might not be on the squad anymore. Mandell walked on and kinda stole the position from him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jay Williams was a punter right? I think he might not be on the squad anymore. Mandell walked on and kinda stole the position from him.
Rolltide.com shows Williams as being a RS Freshman.

In regards to those that aren't on the roster:
Carswell
Grant
Malone
Alfy Hill

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lewis took part in the Senior day activities, I took that as he is finished after not playing much (appeared in 7 games) and graduated last Dec.
He signed with Bama as part of the 2008 class but had to go to EMCC. He came to Bama in 2010 and redshirted. Rolltide.com has him listed as a Junior. Maybe he chose not to continue playing after getting his degree, and CNS allowed him to participate in Senior Day.
Fulton played his true freshman and sophomore years.
Thanks for that. I'll make the change. I guess these mistakes are what I get for doing this in class. :D

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
Jay was still listed on the roster in 2011. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/alab-m-footbl-mtt.html Thinking that Adam G can possibly punt too and if so, I would imagine that CNS may show Jay the handwriting on the wall. Have wondered during the season if CNS didn't take Jay's scholarship and give to Cody (seems only right)
A. Griffith does not punt. I either read it or heard ot somewhere, something about him not being consistent catching the ball. He's a terriffic FG and kickoff kicker though. I have a neighbor whos brother lives in Ga. and has seen Adam kick, he says he is great. Roll Tide :hurray:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I've seen a couple of 2013 Mock Drafts out there that have Milliner, Mosley as a 1st round pick.

There's some lists that have DeAndrew White as the #1 WR among the 2015 Draft Class

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.