Description: Very easy and tasty scallops dish.Serving Size: 4Time: 30 minDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or water)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chivesPreparation:
- 1. Cut 2 tbsp of the butter into pea-size, put it on a small plate and stick in the freezer.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Add the remaining 1 tbsp butter and olive oil and wait for butter to melt.Instructions:
- 1. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, add them to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the skillet. Cook, turning over once, until they are well browned on both side but not quite cooked through, 2 minutes per side or so.
- 2. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- 3. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and wine, and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- 4. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid in the skillet thickens, a minute or two, then whisk in the butter you chilled in the freezer, one bit at a time, to make a creamy sauce, adding another tbsp or two of liquid (wine or water) if necessary.
- 5. Return the scallops to the skillet and add the chives. Adjust the heat so the sauce bubbles gently and toss to coat the scallops with the sauce.
- 6. To serve, transfer the scallops to a platter and spoon the sauce over all.