BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Seared Scallops with Pan Sauce

Description: Very easy and tasty scallops dish.
    Serving Size: 4
    Time: 30 min
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
    1. 3 tbsp butter
    2. 1 tbsp olive oil
    3. 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops
    4. Salt and pepper to taste
    5. 1 tbsp minced garlic
    6. Juice of 1 lemon
    7. 1/2 cup dry white wine (or water)
    8. 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
    Preparation:
    1. 1. Cut 2 tbsp of the butter into pea-size, put it on a small plate and stick in the freezer.
    2. 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
    3. 3. Add the remaining 1 tbsp butter and olive oil and wait for butter to melt.
    Instructions:
    1. 1. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, add them to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the skillet. Cook, turning over once, until they are well browned on both side but not quite cooked through, 2 minutes per side or so.
    2. 2. Transfer scallops to a plate.
    3. 3. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and wine, and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
    4. 4. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid in the skillet thickens, a minute or two, then whisk in the butter you chilled in the freezer, one bit at a time, to make a creamy sauce, adding another tbsp or two of liquid (wine or water) if necessary.
    5. 5. Return the scallops to the skillet and add the chives. Adjust the heat so the sauce bubbles gently and toss to coat the scallops with the sauce.
    6. 6. To serve, transfer the scallops to a platter and spoon the sauce over all.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: Seared Scallops with Pan Sauce

Sounds great - I love Scallops! Bet you could add some cream and a bit extra to the sauce and serve over pasta as well.