Description: This is a nice short-cut recipe that ends up tasting like it's made from scratch.Serving Size: 6-8Time: 6 hours on highDifficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- salt to taste
- pepper to tastePreparation:Instructions:
- Place the chicken, butter, soups, broth, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to
- Cover, and cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- Uncover and use a fork to easily shred the chicken.
- For the dumplings, you can either tear them into small pieces or roll them out and slice into
- strips depending on your preference.
- Add them to your chicken mixture, making sure to push them down into the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for another 60 minutes or until the dumplings are done to your liking.
- Salt & pepper to taste before serving.