Wheel of Time series

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Read every book. Most of them more than once and can say one of my favorite series that I have ever read. The detail is something that you don't see at all. How does a writer keep up with it all. When I heard Robert Jordan pass away I couldn't believe it and thinking all that reading for nothing. The writer that is finishing jordans books is I have to say is doing a very good job. I think just one more book left.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
The second and third book are great and to say the others are not is crazy. So much going on and so much to keep up with. I will say the story picks up and just keeps on going.
I am like you that I read several books at the same time and when my wife questions me about how do you do it I say how do you keep up with different shows on tv. Love series because if you have several going on you don't have to wait along time for some book coming out.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I read the first three back when the third book was just published. Then a year later I read book 4, then another year or so until book 5. While I was reading book 5, I realized I had forgotten so much of the events and characters, I set them down and decided to wait until the whole series was finished, then planned to go back and read it all from the start.

That was a long time ago, and Jordan has since passed. I know another writer took the mantle (Sanderson I think?). I'm still not sure if the series is completed yet. Anyone know? I'd love to take it back up if it's complete.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I read the first three back when the third book was just published. Then a year later I read book 4, then another year or so until book 5. While I was reading book 5, I realized I had forgotten so much of the events and characters, I set them down and decided to wait until the whole series was finished, then planned to go back and read it all from the start.

That was a long time ago, and Jordan has since passed. I know another writer took the mantle (Sanderson I think?). I'm still not sure if the series is completed yet. Anyone know? I'd love to take it back up if it's complete.
The last book is supposed to be out in January 2013. This will be the third book written by Brandon Sanderson and the 15th book (counting the prequel book, New Spring) in the Wheel of Time series.

I'm in the middle of book five, so it'll be a while before I get to Sanderson's works. I really enjoyed his Mistborn series, and I'm curious to see how he writes in the conclusion of the WoT universe.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Sanderson is doing a great job with finishing the series. Really looking for the last book because I have been reading this series for a long time. If you have read any of my other post on this subject you know that I love these books. Like mikes12 I have read the other books many times.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
This Robert Jordan series is getting close to the top of my queue. Anyone read them?
Realize this was a while ago, but to answer the question, yes, and I love this series. (Evidence in my sig). Read every book about three times, and am reading through them again before the final book comes out.

BTW, book 5 is probably one of my favorite (Mat is my favorite character)

Last edited:

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
These books were recommended to me by a co-worker. I have them all on my iPad, just haven't started them yet...but I plan to read them soon.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
And now I'm filled with a bittersweetness. Just finished the final book. Loved the series, and looking forward to reading some of Sanderson's works.

Tai'Shar Mr. Jordan! Thanks for the fun, adventure, and beautiful creativity.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Wish I could get another chapter on Mat and Tuon. Even fan fiction would be nice. Went back and read the entire series again. One more book! One more book!! One more book!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.