Roster Information Curiosities

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
They basically release two rosters a year, one before spring and one before fall. I always compare them looking for changes. The roster released this morning had some curiosities, these could be incorrect information either in the last one or the current one or they could reflect true. If so there are questions.

Normally many freshman lose weight initially then start putting it on from there, I saw some of that so I'm going to only note the unusual stuff. If any one has any info on these guys I'd like to hear it.

Ha Ha Dix has put on 13 lbs. From 190 to 203 since fall, that bodes well for his playing time.

Bradley Selve is trying to move to corner and reportedly lost five down to 170, too light in my opininion for SEC play.

DJ Pettway went from a relative light weight 255 to 272 which puts him more in line with SEC defensive lineman.

Jack Adrian Hubbard listed at 255 last season is listed now at 237. At 6' 6" this isn't good. I'm really hoping this might be a misprint or something. He would look emaciated at 237.

TJ Yeldon put on 5 pounds since his measurements at the camps, which with Lacy down for spring means this guy is going to get every chance to be the next guy.

Most of the young receivers lost a few pounds, which is normal as they enter our program but Amari Cooper was listed as 175 in recruitment but we have him at 190. Not sure if either number is wrong or if he hit a growth spurt.

Duron Carter should he ever get out of the dog house is now listed as a very solid 210.

Ryan Kelly who was a project lineman from Ohio has gone from 270 to 281. Still too light for the SEC but at least it shows he is moving in the right direction. He reminds me of a young Barrett Jones but I think it's going to take him longer to see the field thanks to his relatively lean body.

Speaking of Jones the roster showed a weight drop from 311 down to 302 for him, what's up with that.

bamaX12

1st Team
Jan 26, 2007
Duron Carter should he ever get out of the dog house is now listed as a very solid 210.

Bama Online is reporting D. Carter will not return to the team? Sorry if this is considered a rumor.

*** Breaking: Carter not expected to return

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Bama Online is reporting D. Carter will not return to the team? Sorry if this is considered a rumor.

*** Breaking: Carter not expected to return
It's not. Tidesports also reporting it...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll post it here since it's a thread about the roster... I just looked at it. I don't see Bowman nor Carswell. Should that tell us something?

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
I'll post it here since it's a thread about the roster... I just looked at it. I don't see Bowman nor Carswell. Should that tell us something?
And Carswell's #5 has been reassigned (Chris Black)....hmmmmm

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
They basically release two rosters a year, one before spring and one before fall. I always compare them looking for changes. The roster released this morning had some curiosities, these could be incorrect information either in the last one or the current one or they could reflect true. If so there are questions.

Normally many freshman lose weight initially then start putting it on from there, I saw some of that so I'm going to only note the unusual stuff. If any one has any info on these guys I'd like to hear it.

Ha Ha Dix has put on 13 lbs. From 190 to 203 since fall, that bodes well for his playing time.

Bradley Selve is trying to move to corner and reportedly lost five down to 170, too light in my opininion for SEC play.

DJ Pettway went from a relative light weight 255 to 272 which puts him more in line with SEC defensive lineman.

Jack Adrian Hubbard listed at 255 last season is listed now at 237. At 6' 6" this isn't good. I'm really hoping this might be a misprint or something. He would look emaciated at 237.

TJ Yeldon put on 5 pounds since his measurements at the camps, which with Lacy down for spring means this guy is going to get every chance to be the next guy.

Most of the young receivers lost a few pounds, which is normal as they enter our program but Amari Cooper was listed as 175 in recruitment but we have him at 190. Not sure if either number is wrong or if he hit a growth spurt.

Ryan Kelly who was a project lineman from Ohio has gone from 270 to 281. Still too light for the SEC but at least it shows he is moving in the right direction. He reminds me of a young Barrett Jones but I think it's going to take him longer to see the field thanks to his relatively lean body.

Speaking of Jones the roster showed a weight drop from 311 down to 302 for him, what's up with that.
I don't believe you can rely too much on the measurements as shown by the roster.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.