Question: How do you think Bama will fare next year?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Looking at our schedule, one must ask "What game is a guaranteed win and guaranteed loss?"

Michigan - W (Denard doesn't do well against Big Boys)
Western Kentucky - W
@ Arky - ? (Leaning towards a W, but the new DC looked good against K-State)
FIU - W
Ole Miss - W
@ Mizzou - W (Just don't see them doing well against us)
@ Tennessee - W (Dooley still doing that uphill battle)
Mississippi State - W (Just because Dan Mullen can't beat SEC West teams that don't reside in Oxford)
@ LSU - ? (SEC West is on the line)
Texas A&M - W (Right now it's a W, but Sumlin might - that's a big might - have the team playing well)
Western Carolina - W
Auburn - W (SNASS)

IMO, we go at least 10-2 in the regular season.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
2010 showed us how tough it is to come off an NC year and repeat. Yeah... loss of senior leadership, loss of focus/intensity, bye week situation, etc. etc. However, I'll always believe the 2010 team had the ingredients necessary to win a NC.

I'm hoping 2012 will play out differently than 2010. If nothing else, many on the team have lived the example of what happens when some players coast on their laurels. Furthermore, I see more depth this year than in 2010. And a veteran OL that should go a long way toward controlling the game until the defense can get their wheels under them.

Two losses next year? Sure... I could easily see it happening. However, if I had to bet serious money on each of Bama's tough games, there's no team on the schedule that would give me pause... My money would be on Alabama in every game.

Michigan? Possibly... But I don't think they're as good as their hype. One-trick ponies usually don't fare well against Alabama. Especially with the preparation time available before the game.

Arky? A Bama loss in Fayetteville could easily happen. Looks like Arky is finally fielding a defense to go with their high-powered offense. T. Wilson is the real thing... and they'll have Knile Davis back. Still, I like Bama's ability to control the ball and wear down their defense. Bama scores just enough to win.

Mizzou? They have a winning record against us. I expect them to be pretty good this year. Mobile QB. They could pull the upset... but I wouldn't bet on it. By the Mizzou game Bama's defense oughta' be coming into its own and vying with the offense for after-the-game praise.

LSU? On paper they should be a top team in the nation. They'll be tough if they have a QB and if they can get past any locker room issues. Maybe Zach M. will be the guy for 'em. Game's in BR... which is usually a good thing for Bama.

aTm? In a few years I expect 'em to become a beast in the west. But not in 2012.

Auburn? Lot of returning starters and will be better than we want 'em to be... But they shouldn't be able to keep up with Bama on offense or defense.

10-2? Could be. But it will mean Bama was upset twice during the season.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
It depends on injuries to key players, as usual. We win 'em all with good injury luck; but if we get big play guys hurt, we lose as many as three.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Impossible question to answer. The team should win eight or nine simply on talent alone similar to the team in 2010, but like that team this one has the potential of going undefeated if the players buy into the process and has enough leaders to fill the void of those who graduated. In 2010, that was hard to do in the case of losing the strong personalities of Rolando McClain, Greg McElroy and Rashad Johnson when they left for the pros. This team should have plenty of leadership coming back on the offense in McCarron and Jones. More concerned about the loss of leaders on the defense in Hightower and Barron. Someone steps up there as a leader and we go undefeated or possibly lose one at the hands of a miscue.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Tough call really but a loss at LSU and Arky in their house would not suprise me. We seem to have Arky's number but they are improving on D. I figure one or two losses, anything more and it's going to a let down to team and fans alike. If the team learned from 2010 and the leadership develops quickly, I can also see us running the gauntlet.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I think people are forgetting what all Arkansas is losing. Gone are their top THREE receivers, one of whom was a game changer on special teams as well. Gone is their leading tackler of 3-4 years (LB Jerry Franklin) and their best pass rusher (Jake Bequette), not to mention a couple other senior contributors on D IIRC. Sure, they bring back their QB and a great RB comes back from injury, but what else do they really have?

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
I do see the possibility of another 2010, but really doubt it.
DB's Lester will have Barron's spot as leader, but will have Sunseri and Ha-Ha out there with him (Vinnie got lots of snaps in 2012) +
LB's Nico will be in Don'ta's spot as leader, but will have CJ who played tons in the last 2 years and Trey who got some quality snaps +
DL - in 2010 all of the guys were 1st time starters pretty much, tho they had played lots, this year, Square and Williams both are returning starters +
OL - what can anyone say, as long as they stay healthy...maybe the best in the country ++
Wr's - all new starters, but the probables all played a good deal this year (and IMHO, there will be more speed and Height) shaky +
rb's - lost MFBATR. but with CBEL and Jalston..whoa... and then there is Dee and Blake and if needed TJ... have to say wow +
TE/HB - have 1 starter out of the 3 used in 2012, this is a real need, rate as - (H Jones and Volger got very few snaps last year)
QB - teams should be wary of AJ's play action passing after seeing the BCSNCG, but with the running game and fast tall wr's, he should be better this year (do I sound like I am describing GMac's 2nd year?)

With the playa's that Arky lost all round, I see them as worthy but not quite good enough, and with LSWho- Who really knows? on paper they look great, but may depend on how the grass in Les' teeth goes?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I honestly think we repeat as NC..I know we lost some mighty good players..But..We return some mighty good Players that have been in Coach Saban's system from the get-go..Hell..Most of our 3rd string Players would be starters for most SEC schools..The longer "The Process" is in place at Bama..Combined with the talent we return & the stud recruiting classes Coach Saban is bringing in..It's going to be mighty tough for any team in college football too beat us..JMO..Flame away..

nathan

1st Team
May 17, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I honestly think we repeat as NC..Flame away..
Who could flame your honest opinion? Esp when it kind of mirrors my own private feeling (I was surprised at how the last season turned out after losing to lsu & really thought THIS should be the year for another run. Little did I know "another" would be so soon!)

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Loss to Arkansas? Arkansas? We beat them 5x as well as Georgia Southern last year. They're a decent offensive SEC team with no defense. None. Did you people see AJ throwing over the Honey Badger? More importantly, did you see our same OL play last year?
Sorry, I can see an upset or two in 2012, and every single game on our schedule would be a significant upset, but we shan't be losing to Arkansas. Bobby Petrino is a guy who could write a really neat book on college offense, but will never really win in the SEC even if he becomes immortal.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Oh, and wow, I honestly haven't thought at all about having 15 National Championships. Fifteen. When that happens, I will walk around downtown Birmingham so I can watch Barners jump off the tall buildings.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Who could flame your honest opinion? Esp when it kind of mirrors my own private feeling (I was surprised at how the last season turned out after losing to lsu & really thought THIS should be the year for another run. Little did I know "another" would be so soon!)
I agree 100% with ya..Most Bama Fans I know expect us to lose 1-2 games..I just don't see it..LSU is the only school that comes close to our talent level..Coach Saban will have us ready for LSU this coming year(like he did in the NC Game)..I have a gut feeling Coach Saban's ego won't allow us to lose to LSU again 'til he retires from Bama..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.