What's your Twitter handle? Twitter name? Whatever you call it?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Someone suggested we have a ROLL CALL of TideFans on Twitter. Since I am a professed Twitter fan, I will start! I did a forum search and did not see a thread like this posted. There are lots of us on Twitter--let's GO!!

I am @LizHeartsBama

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Serious question. I dont see the appeal of it. Would you please explain it to me and try to tell me why I would enjoy it?
It is my go-to source for Bama related news--first and foremost. If you love crazy Bama fans, you have to follow Hunter L Johnson. I also follow all the ESPN's, the recruiting reporters, Entertainment news, REAL news. I follow friends who have blogs, GCT is one of them and then being that I am a female, I follow fashion magazines, blogs, etc. I follow pro athletes like CC Sabathia, Brian Wilson, Terence Cody, Greg McElroy, Chad Ochocinco, etc. I also follow Bama players and some other SEC players.

It's really pretty interesting. :)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Just started it tonight, not sure I will stick with it but we shall see...

@CoachWilcox55

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Serious question. I dont see the appeal of it. Would you please explain it to me and try to tell me why I would enjoy it?
Last week was a perfect example of why I like twitter over anything else.

During the tornado warnings I typed in "Tornado" or "Harvest" or "Madison Tornado" in the search bar and everything everyone was saying about the tornado was on my screen within seconds. Video/pictures/intel faster than any local or state news agency was reporting them.

The week before that I walked out on my back deck and saw smoke above the tree line. I pulled out my phone and typed in "Smoke Sheffield," and instantly tweets began popping up about a housefire a few blocks away. I can't tell you how many times I've done this with road blocks, road closures, wrecks, etc...

It's instant news/sports... whatever. It's not a bunch of people tweeting "I had 3 omelettes for brekfass! can you believe it! 3!!" That's actually sort of what facebook has turned into. I've pretty much abandoned facebook for twitter because of the news/sports updates.

I'm @CrotchPasta

Yes that's really it, and no you're not getting the story. The name itself is better than the story. It's really not as perverted as it sounds.

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Last week was a perfect example of why I like twitter over anything else.

During the tornado warnings I typed in "Tornado" or "Harvest" or "Madison Tornado" in the search bar and everything everyone was saying about the tornado was on my screen within seconds. Video/pictures/intel faster than any local or state news agency was reporting them.

The week before that I walked out on my back deck and saw smoke above the tree line. I pulled out my phone and typed in "Smoke Sheffield," and instantly tweets began popping up about a housefire a few blocks away. I can't tell you how many times I've done this with road blocks, road closures, wrecks, etc...

It's instant news/sports... whatever. It's not a bunch of people tweeting "I had 3 omelettes for brekfass! can you believe it! 3!!" That's actually sort of what facebook has turned into. I've pretty much abandoned facebook for twitter because of the news/sports updates.

I'm @CrotchPasta

Yes that's really it, and no you're not getting the story. The name itself is better than the story. It's really not as perverted as it sounds.
3 omelets!!?? Damn that is news worthy!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I don't twitter nor am I too fond of it. There is only so much information I need at one time and nothing I really can't do without.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
@alabamamapman

Nothing profound, just mostly retweets, and commenting about the guy who works out at the same gym I do who looks like Mike Singletary. Occasional musings about Bama sports.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.