RB Jonathan Ford Commits to Vandy

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Re: Jonathan Ford- RB New Hope High School

i know the kid looks good from the tape, but he plays at a 3A, which should be a 2A school, and they don't play against any competition really except for Madison Academy, and they have a terrible record year in and year out. I'm not knocking the kid at all, but when i was in school, there was a guy that played tailback there that was just as good, if not better, by the name of TJ Sullivan, and he simply couldn't get any decent offers because of the reasons i just listed. There was also another kid from there just a few years ago, who is Howard Cross's nephew, Cameron Cross, who transferred to Madison County (my old HS) his senior year becasue of the exact reasons i just listed, and i know he was better than this kid and TJ Sullivan because of the competition he played against and the guy couldn't draw a major D1 offer, but i think it was more due to his size of 5'9 175/180. Cameron now plays for the Rocket City Titans, here in Huntsville. Again, i'm not knocking the kid at all, but if he wants to get some good looks he's gonna have to A) get some offers to some camps and show out and B) get out of New Hope LOL (sorry Bama Goose ;)

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.

i know the kid looks good from the tape, but he plays at a 3A, which should be a 2A school, and they don't play against any competition really except for Madison Academy, and they have a terrible record year in and year out. I'm not knocking the kid at all, but when i was in school, there was a guy that played tailback there that was just as good, if not better, by the name of TJ Sullivan, and he simply couldn't get any decent offers because of the reasons i just listed. There was also another kid from there just a few years ago, who is Howard Cross's nephew, Cameron Cross, who transferred to Madison County (my old HS) his senior year becasue of the exact reasons i just listed, and i know he was better than this kid and TJ Sullivan because of the competition he played against and the guy couldn't draw a major D1 offer, but i think it was more due to his size of 5'9 175/180. Cameron now plays for the Rocket City Titans, here in Huntsville. Again, i'm not knocking the kid at all, but if he wants to get some good looks he's gonna have to A) get some offers to some camps and show out and B) get out of New Hope LOL (sorry Bama Goose ;)
Not going to spar..but I am. :)

1. TJ Sullivan didn't have the grades to play college football.
2. Cameron Cross was maybe 5'7 160 lbs when he played at New Hope, and he transferred from Gurley your HS. :)

Last... about Ford- did you read the article? Bone said he would contend for the top RB in the state, Miss State has offered him. Ole Miss will offer him at the spring game. Derrick Nix the RB coach for Ole M is coming to offer him in person. Dooley likes him enough to bring him back to Knoxville for the 3rd time. He ran a 4.41 earlier at their camp.

He knows he is not going to Bama because the kid is smart but I believe he is good enough for D1 just not Bama.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005

The big city of New Hope ....got quite a bit of family there.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

Not going to spar..but I am. :)

1. TJ Sullivan didn't have the grades to play college football.
2. Cameron Cross was maybe 5'7 160 lbs when he played at New Hope, and he transferred from Gurley your HS. :)

Last... about Ford- did you read the article? Bone said he would contend for the top RB in the state, Miss State has offered him. Ole Miss will offer him at the spring game. Derrick Nix the RB coach for Ole M is coming to offer him in person. Dooley likes him enough to bring him back to Knoxville for the 3rd time. He ran a 4.41 earlier at their camp.

He knows he is not going to Bama because the kid is smart but I believe he is good enough for D1 just not Bama.
\

Touche' my friend ;) just friendly conversation, not trying to spar with ya! I hope the kid does well and gets him a free ride to a good school....always good to see someone from the madison county schools do great at something! you don't see it very much around here at all, unless you want to count freaks of nature like Levi, Trevor, and Reggie Ragland LOL!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

\

Touche' my friend ;) just friendly conversation, not trying to spar with ya! I hope the kid does well and gets him a free ride to a good school....always good to see someone from the madison county schools do great at something! you don't see it very much around here at all, unless you want to count freaks of nature like Levi, Trevor, and Reggie Ragland LOL!!
And that doesn't make much sense with Bob Jones in the area. BJ is the biggest school in the state, according to the 2010-2012 numbers. How does it not produce more athletes? I can't say too much because Prattville is number 5 on that list and can't field a decent basketball team.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

And that doesn't make much sense with Bob Jones in the area. BJ is the biggest school in the state, according to the 2010-2012 numbers. How does it not produce more athletes? I can't say too much because Prattville is number 5 on that list and can't field a decent basketball team.
I don't want to generalize Madison/Bob Jones but a lot of the population works for the space program and their contractors, hence engineers/scientists/etc so not the greatest genetic pool for athletics. At least that is my take on it and may not be completely accurate.

HitMan54

1st Team
Jan 29, 2007
Only the Government Knows

I don't want to generalize Madison/Bob Jones but a lot of the population works for the space program and their contractors, hence engineers/scientists/etc so not the greatest genetic pool for athletics. At least that is my take on it and may not be completely accurate.
Hit the nail on the head there IMHO. I'm pretty sure the parents at BJ stress academics a lot more than athletics, but they have been decent in most thier sports there...just not football. My two cents

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.