Tourney

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
The worst thing about the Lane Violation call is they didn't call it until after UNCA had gotten the rebound. It was such an obviously biased call.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Comments from media members after the game:

Tony Barnhart: "Syracuse-Asheville may not have been the worst officiating I've seen in an NCAA game. But it is in the top two. Officials can't advance."

Jeff Passan: "Refs gave Syracuse the biggest bailout since TARP. I hope the Asheville seniors go rogue and light them up postgame."

Brian Fischer: "Can David Stern veto this game and tell them to play it again?"

Jon Rothstein: "Can't remember being this disgusted watching the end of a game. The officials cost UNC Asheville a chance at history."

This game was historically bad.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
At least 5 points.

2 from UNCA on the missed goal-tend
2 on the put back for Cuse after the ball was OB off the wiring
2 on the "shooting" foul against UNCA after the Cuse were actually over the back
2 for Cuse after the crappy Lane Violation call
2 more possible points after the horrible call with around a minute left. Refs called the ball OB against UNCA when it clearly hit the Cuse.

That's a 10 point swing off the top of my head. I really don't see how the NCAA can allow these refs to call another game this tournament.
Did you notice at the end when Syracuse had shot 2 FTs that they were lined up getting ready to shoot a third? They almost missed it.....

Crazy bad officiating. Seriously suspicious calls.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I couldn't get it to work. I went xfinity.com clicked "watch now" for a game and was prompted for a TruTV log on. This looks like Comcast which I don't have. Am I just slow, what's the deal? Thanks
You have to be able to sign in to xfinity as a Comcast customer...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I get my cable from Charter and I was able to log in and pick any game I wanted to watch all day long. If only more of the games had been worthy of watching. Like evreyone else, couldn't believe some of the calls in the Syracuse game, talk about gift wrapping...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I get my cable from Charter and I was able to log in and pick any game I wanted to watch all day long. If only more of the games had been worthy of watching. Like evreyone else, couldn't believe some of the calls in the Syracuse game, talk about gift wrapping...
IF we get those guys, I hope we outbid Creighton... :D

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
stupid VCU/Wichita State cost me a perfect first day.

and the refs from the syracuse game need to be investigated by the FBI.
Should have been a foul on the Out of bounds play. Body checks aren't allowed. Lane violation was clear. I don't really care either way on the game, but that's what it should've been.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
After the game the UNC-Ashville coach said his team was the better team, in response to that the Syracuse coach said “that is why we have scoreboards.”

I hope Syracuse loses by 50 to K-State.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
After the game the UNC-Ashville coach said his team was the better team, in response to that the Syracuse coach said “that is why we have scoreboards.”

I hope Syracuse loses by 50 to K-State.
Without Melo they could.

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
stupid VCU/Wichita State cost me a perfect first day.

and the refs from the syracuse game need to be investigated by the FBI.
Shame on you for picking against my alma mater! Go Rams! Back again, to bust your bracket. Check out the ad VCU took out on the Washington post.

But hey, at least you can say the VCU/Wichita game was officiated well! I really think the officials were thinking about the $$$ when they called the Syracuse game. These tournaments are all about money. You have to keep the money schools in it if nothing else. Maybe I am cynical.

At least we'll both be pulling for the Tide today. Roll Tide.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Shame on you for picking against my alma mater! Go Rams! Back again, to bust your bracket. Check out the ad VCU took out on the Washington post.

But hey, at least you can say the VCU/Wichita game was officiated well! I really think the officials were thinking about the $$$ when they called the Syracuse game. These tournaments are all about money. You have to keep the money schools in it if nothing else. Maybe I am cynical.

At least we'll both be pulling for the Tide today. Roll Tide.
that was one of the games that gave me pause to pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.