Disapointed but Proud..

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Losing is tough but losing in this manner takes awhile to get over. This team had sweet 16 potential if Mitchell and Greene would have just played within the team and not been so selfish at times. Not sure Mitchell will be back next year- I just can't see he and Grant ever really being functional in player/coach relationship. Hope I am wrong because this team could be really good next year if he had the right attitude. Missed opportunity here, do doubt. Team also probably got a really tough draw in the 8-9 game.

Greene will be missed and Coach Grant really needs to find that one 3- point shooter- he needs to search everywhere- juco's, Europe, Australia,etc. They are out there- just need to bring one to Tuscaloosa.

But very proud of the effort- kids played hard and went through alot this year. I have much respect for Coach Grant and the way he carries himself and what he expects of these kids on and off the court. We should be proud to have him at the Capstone.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah- I'm proud of our guys too. Just unfortunate that we never seem to get the calls we deserve. It's gotten so bad I expect it to happen nightly. Oh well- woulda been a tough game against UNC but I woulda loved the opportunity. It's funny- I always watch the tourney and for last 6 yrs we weren't a part of it but now- today- for some reason, I'm almost disinterested in it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Losing is tough but losing in this manner takes awhile to get over. This team had sweet 16 potential if Mitchell and Greene would have just played within the team and not been so selfish at times. Not sure Mitchell will be back next year- I just can't see he and Grant ever really being functional in player/coach relationship. Hope I am wrong because this team could be really good next year if he had the right attitude. Missed opportunity here, do doubt. Team also probably got a really tough draw in the 8-9 game.

Greene will be missed and Coach Grant really needs to find that one 3- point shooter- he needs to search everywhere- juco's, Europe, Australia,etc. They are out there- just need to bring one to Tuscaloosa.

But very proud of the effort- kids played hard and went through alot this year. I have much respect for Coach Grant and the way he carries himself and what he expects of these kids on and off the court. We should be proud to have him at the Capstone.
Instead of looking far afield, why don't we try to get the best 3 pt shooter in the country to transfer from UAH to UA? :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Shouldn't be more than an intra-library loan!
There'd be a lot of POed folks in HSV. They're already hacked because Portera terminated the hockey team and the Tuscaloosa campus opened an office to compete with UAH for aerospace contracts. Their BB team is headed for the Elite Eight. We steal Jamie Smith and there may be full-scale rebellion... :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There'd be a lot of POed folks in HSV. They're already hacked because Portera terminated the hockey team and the Tuscaloosa campus opened an office to compete with UAH for aerospace contracts. Their BB team is headed for the Elite Eight. We steal Jamie Smith and there may be full-scale rebellion... :D
Isn't there already one by the folks calling for them to disassociate from the UA system?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Isn't there already one by the folks calling for them to disassociate from the UA system?
Yes, and it's hard to fault them. Portera made some major errors, for supposedly being in charge of the overall health of the entire system. Ther're also calls from UAB to separate the medical school. It's mostly poor management at the very top. Perhaps Witt can do better. I hope so...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeah- I'm proud of our guys too. Just unfortunate that we never seem to get the calls we deserve. It's gotten so bad I expect it to happen nightly. Oh well- woulda been a tough game against UNC but I woulda loved the opportunity. It's funny- I always watch the tourney and for last 6 yrs we weren't a part of it but now- today- for some reason, I'm almost disinterested in it.
I think we won't get calls until we change our colors to some shade of Blue.....

Tarheel Blue, UK Blue, Duke Blue --- any of those shades should do the trick

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
If Alabama wants to get to the next level, they have to get better offensively. I know AG's philosophy is to play great defense and create transition scores and it works really well at times, but Bama has to put a little more focus on scoring from outside. Defensively and in the paint Bama can play with anyone in the country. Just need more balance and some more string music. Nick Saban focuses on great defense too, but that doesn't stop him from scoring 35-40 points a game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.