The Trayvon Martin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She now joins Mike Nifong as "infamous prosecutors who succumbed to political pressure and made fools of themselves."

Is disbarment in her future?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not going to claim I've seen every second of this case, but there is no way Zimmerman should be convicted at this point. Not saying he isn't guilty, but beyond a reasonable doubt? No way. If this were an ordinary trial, I think the judge would dismiss once the prosecution rests for lack of evidence.
Add this to the Casey Anthony trial, and we see a fine example of poor state attorneys. We also saw poor government attorneys in the Bingo Trial.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I watched a lot of this trial over the last week or so and unfortunately it is about race. Fox had a panel of people on last night. Some were black (male and female) and others were white (male and female). Two alarming things jumped out at me. The first, there were a distinct difference in opinions between the black panelist and the white ones. The white panelist saw it exactly one way and the black panelists so it exactly the opposite. The second alarming thing was that several of the panelist stated that race should be taken into considering in this trial.

There's no way justice will be served in this trial no matter the outcome. Because the basis and considerations being used are flawed.

Last edited:

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
If Zimmerman is convicted a bunch of people will complain on right wing radio. If Zimmerman is acquitted there will be riots.
And neither of those outcomes should matter one iota in this trial. But I think you are absolutely correct on what will happen.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I watched a lot of this trial over the last week or so and unfortunately it is about race. Fox had a panel of people on last night. Some were black (male and female) and others were white (male and female). Two alarming things jumped out at me. The first, there were a distinct difference in opinions between the black panelist and the white ones. The white panelist saw it exactly one way and the black panelists so it exactly the opposite. The second alarming thing was that several of the panelist stated that race should be taken into considering in this trial.
There's no way justice will be served in this trial no matter the outcome. Because the basis and considerations being used are flawed.
I cant comment on Fox but on other channels I have been surprised by the relative lack of race for a trial like this.
Having said that I will also add that there is a lot of truth to Dizzy's statement above.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Zimmerman is convicted a bunch of people will complain on right wing radio. If Zimmerman is acquitted there will be riots.
Very true.

I wonder how much media attention this case would have gotten had it not had the early happenings (altered 911 call and protests over it).

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
My heart breaks for their family.

It's cases like this that prevents me from being 100% opposed to capital punishment. There are certain cases where life in prison is not sufficient punishment and the only justice is to end the existence of the guilty. No marked grave either, just dump their carcasses in a ditch.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
My heart breaks for their family.

It's cases like this that prevents me from being 100% opposed to capital punishment. There are certain cases where life in prison is not sufficient punishment and the only justice is to end the existence of the guilty. No marked grave either, just dump their carcasses in a ditch.
This was no doubt a hate crime if there ever was one. Yet no national outrage, nothing. If that would have been whites doing that to a black couple can you imagine the media attention and outrage?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This was no doubt a hate crime if there ever was one. Yet no national outrage, nothing. If that would have been whites doing that to a black couple can you imagine the media attention and outrage?
People got pretty upset about Jeffrey Dahmer, and a lot of them were happy when he was murdered in prison.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I didn't know Dahmer was black.
Jeffrey Dahmer, Multiple Killer, Is Bludgeoned to Death in Prison

I was referring to the prospect of media outrage at the victimization of blacks by whites. Dahmer was white. His victims were primarily minorities (Black, Hispanic, and Asian). Racial tensions were high at the time Dahmer was in the news, but I don't recall race being a focus of the story. At about the same time, a white guy named Jesse Anderson killed his wife and blamed it on two black guys. Interestingly, the guy who killed Dahmer (Christopher Scaver) was black, and Anderson was critically injured in the very same attack.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Jeffrey Dahmer, Multiple Killer, Is Bludgeoned to Death in Prison

I was referring to the prospect of media outrage at the victimization of blacks by whites. Dahmer was white. His victims were primarily minorities (Black, Hispanic, and Asian). Racial tensions were high at the time Dahmer was in the news, but I don't recall race being a focus of the story. At about the same time, a white guy named Jesse Anderson killed his wife and blamed it on two black guys. Interestingly, the guy who killed Dahmer (Christopher Scaver) was black, and Anderson was critically injured in the very same attack.
I would venture to say the lack of outrage on the racial aspect was due to he didn't discriminate against the minorities.

But in cases that aren't a serial killer type situation. Such as the the one I've linked. There's no way in heck if the races had been reverse that this would not have been on the same level as the Martin/Zimmerman trial. It would have been tied to lynchings of the past. To be honest, the case I linked should have been more of a headline than the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.