Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546474849505152535696 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 598 of 1745
  1. #586
    BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    That was not a caviler statement and I'm not sure why you feel the need to characterize it that way. It was a true statement.
    Cavalier: 1. Showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive.

    Your response was to a post regarding black on black crime. You dismiss it as a drug dealers killing another drug dealer. That is the very definition of cavalier, if not outright racist.

    Spin it however you will.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #587
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    15,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Cavalier: 1. Showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive.

    Your response was to a post regarding black on black crime. You dismiss it as a drug dealers killing another drug dealer. That is the very definition of cavalier, if not outright racist.

    Spin it however you will.
    I didn't dismiss it. I simply defined it while responding to another post.

  4. #588
    BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I didn't dismiss it. I simply defined it while responding to another post.
    Yes, and defining it as such effectively dismisses it.

    The fact is, it goes well beyond your narrow definition, with a lot of innocent victims being dismissed.

  5. #589
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by TydDFens View Post
    SimplyTide, there is a difference between covering a story and exploiting a story. But, I am pretty sure you know that.
    To clarify, do you believe that Fox, Rush and Hannity are just "covering" this story?
    Last edited by SimplyTide; March 31st, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

  6. #590
    BamaNation First Team TydDFens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyTide View Post
    To clarify, do you believe that Fox, Rush and Hannity are just "covering" this story?
    To clarify, exploiting in my opinion is anybody giving face (or talk) time to Jesse and Al. Sorry to disappoint but, not a big fan of Hannity, and haven't watched that much coverage of the story on Fox to say if they have interviewed either - if they have then yes that includes them. Pretty sure neither Jesse nor Al have been interviewed by Rush.

  7. #591
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    I think it would be best for everyone involved here - take a step back, breathe, ok.

    I didn't take the drug dealer comment as racist. It's a reality sometimes. Not picking sides but one of my favorite things here is we can still be civil (the real kind, not the Obama kind) and disagree.

    I'm still keeping an open mind at thus point.

  8. #592
    BamaNation All-American swoop10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    4,856
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I didn't dismiss it. I simply defined it while responding to another post.
    So according to you all black on black crime is just drug dealers killing other drug dealers. That's a pretty simple way to look at what really goes on. Are there are no innocent bystanders who ever get killed? Are there never any four year old kids who accidently get shot by drive by shootings?

    It's pretty interesting to see someone with you point of view to make such a general statement like this. How many times have I read someone say something about Muslims or illegals and someone with your point of view posts that not all Muslims or hispanics are like that or are illegal? Though I'm sure you'll have a perfectly good reason to put all victims of black on black crime into the same category.

  9. #593

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    My, my, my.

    It ain't just a river in Egypt.
    [B][/B]

  10. #594
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    15,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop10 View Post
    So according to you all black on black crime is just drug dealers killing other drug dealers. That's a pretty simple way to look at what really goes on. Are there are no innocent bystanders who ever get killed? Are there never any four year old kids who accidently get shot by drive by shootings?

    It's pretty interesting to see someone with you point of view to make such a general statement like this. How many times have I read someone say something about Muslims or illegals and someone with your point of view posts that not all Muslims or hispanics are like that or are illegal? Though I'm sure you'll have a perfectly good reason to put all victims of black on black crime into the same category.
    NO, I never said that or implied that but nice try.

  11. #595
    BamaNation All-SEC bnhonest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Ive been thinking about this case and resisting the urge to post for fear of getting wrapped up in the hoopla. But this is the conclusion I came up with in the shower this morning.

    If you strip away race from this whole argument, what it really comes down to in my mind is whether or not it is within the law to shoot someone if you are in a fight with them. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman, not an office of the law. It was his job to look out for suspicious behavior. I dont know the make up of this neighborhood, but I can tell you that in my neighborhood, if I see a figure in a hooded sweatshirt walking around after dark, ducking through alley ways and walking in between houses, that is suspicious. So for Zimmerman to following the kid, thats ok in my book. For Martin to run and then eventually confront this guy following him...that wasnt the way to handle it either. But he was a kid, so I give him a pass. If Martin initiated the fight, or whatever, well thats just not good at all either. But at what point can someone pull a gun during a fight and say "I thought he was going to kill me." Where does the law fall in that equation?

    I think it should be heard by a grand jury and just see what the evidence points to.
    "The only thing I know how to do is to keep on keeping on...." Bob Dylan

  12. #596
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by bnhonest View Post
    Ive been thinking about this case and resisting the urge to post for fear of getting wrapped up in the hoopla. But this is the conclusion I came up with in the shower this morning.

    If you strip away race from this whole argument, what it really comes down to in my mind is whether or not it is within the law to shoot someone if you are in a fight with them. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman, not an office of the law. It was his job to look out for suspicious behavior. I dont know the make up of this neighborhood, but I can tell you that in my neighborhood, if I see a figure in a hooded sweatshirt walking around after dark, ducking through alley ways and walking in between houses, that is suspicious. So for Zimmerman to following the kid, thats ok in my book. For Martin to run and then eventually confront this guy following him...that wasnt the way to handle it either. But he was a kid, so I give him a pass. If Martin initiated the fight, or whatever, well thats just not good at all either. But at what point can someone pull a gun during a fight and say "I thought he was going to kill me." Where does the law fall in that equation?

    I think it should be heard by a grand jury and just see what the evidence points to.
    Just an FYI...read the Florida law that applies in this case...question answered.
    LINK

  13. #597
    BamaNation All-American swoop10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    4,856
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Better yet - how many were killed by another black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Society is fine looking the other way if one drug dealer kills another drug dealer but tends to take notice if some kid is coming home with Skittles and an iced tea and gets shot while hurting no one and minding his own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    NO, I never said that or implied that but nice try.
    Selma's quote is the post you responded to. All you say is drug dealer killing drug dealer, so how are you not saying that all black on black killings aren't that. He simply asks a question and the only thing you talk about is drug dealers.

    This happens all of the time and the first thing people on the left do is say you can't put all people in that category yet that is exactly what you did. Every time something is said about Muslims, posters on the left post "not all Muslims are like that". You can't have it both ways.

  14. #598
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    15,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

    Re: The Trayvon Martin Case

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop10 View Post
    Selma's quote is the post you responded to. All you say is drug dealer killing drug dealer, so how are you not saying that all black on black killings aren't that. He simply asks a question and the only thing you talk about is drug dealers.

    This happens all of the time and the first thing people on the left do is say you can't put all people in that category yet that is exactly what you did. Every time something is said about Muslims, posters on the left post "not all Muslims are like that". You can't have it both ways.
    You are having a comprehension problem. I NEVER said ALL is drug related. If you live in a large city, whether its Balto., Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, etc., a significant amount is drug related and that is why we dont hear much about it. I'll stick by that statement.
    What does make news is when it appears that 'innocents' are victims.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!