The Trayvon Martin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Trayvon's Dad: I Didn't Deny It Was Son's Voice
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Trayvon Martin's father testified Monday that he never denied it was his son's voice screaming for help on a 911 call, contradicting police officers' earlier testimony at George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial.

Tracy Martin was the latest in a series of witnesses called by lawyers on both sides as they seek to convince jurors of who was the aggressor in the nighttime confrontation that left Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, dead in February 2012. Later in the day, the Florida judge ruled that defense attorneys may present evidence to the jury that Trayvon Martin had marijuana in his system when he died.

The teen's father testified that he merely told officers he couldn't tell if it was his son after his first time listening to the call, which captured the audio of a fight between Martin and Zimmerman.

"I never said that wasn't my son's voice," said Tracy Martin, who added that he concluded it was his son after listening to the call as many as 20 times.
If the prosecution called the police as witnesses, they really should have gotten their story straight.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
This whole thing may have been avoided if GZ had just identified himself when confronted by TM who he followed in the dark.
Also may have been avoided if he didn't bash the guy following him's head into the concrete whether he identified himself or not.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Is it your position that Zimmerman faked his face and head injuries?
He had a bloody nose, possibly broken, from being punched, not from having his head bashed into the concrete. I believe that there was testimony that the injuries to the back of the head were rather superficial, certainly not life threatening, although at the time GZs frame of mind under the circumstances probably felt they were much worse.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
He had a bloody nose, possibly broken, from being punched, not from having his head bashed into the concrete. I believe that there was testimony that the injuries to the back of the head were rather superficial, certainly not life threatening, although at the time GZs frame of mind under the circumstances probably felt they were much worse.
It is the right of a victim of violence to make sure the wounds stay superficial.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure anyone has claimed that he was attacked, just followed in the dark by someone he didn't know.
Then what was this statement about?
Thats simply GZs statement and not corroborated by the evidence. Unfortunately we really dont know the chain of events once they confronted each other.
We see to know the chain of events fairly clearly at this point - GM follows TM, TM attacks GZ, GZ kills TM in self defense.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Then what was this statement about?

We see to know the chain of events fairly clearly at this point - GM follows TM, TM attacks GZ, GZ kills TM in self defense.
I am sure that's why the Sanford Police Dept didn't file charges. Because of all the political pressure, there were charges brought by a special prosecutor. This case should scare the hell out of everyone because you can be charged with a crime even with insufficient evidence. I think someone should be held accountable for putting Z through the "ringer."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am sure that's why the Sanford Police Dept didn't file charges. Because of all the political pressure, there were charges brought by a special prosecutor. This case should scare the hell out of everyone because you can be charged with a crime even with insufficient evidence. I think someone should be held accountable for putting Z through the "ringer."
IIRC, the state AG ordered it. BTW, I think you mean "wringer." :)

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So Martin attacked some stranger who was following him in the dark. What a thug.
That's what we'd all do, right?

Hey, a stranger is following me. I don't know what he wants or if he has a tire iron, a knife or a gun. Should I call my dad down the street? Should I call 911? No, I'd better attack the stranger.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Thats pretty much GZs story and loosely corroborated by 911 phone calls.The devil is in the details. When they finally met, I believe according to GZ, TM came up to him and asked if GM had a problem. We really dont know the details on who approached who and what were the actions of each towards each other at this time.

Last edited:

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
It's sad to live like that but I'm not going to fight off anyone either. We had several break ins recently and several neighbors mentioned how no one picks our circle. It is probably because we all are literally armed to to the teeth. Maybe word has gotten out but if someone does pick our houses out they will probably die. I told them the only way I'd fight an intruder was if I ran out of bullets.
Without proper training the odds of you actually harming someone with a gun are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.