The Trayvon Martin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here's a link with Florida's aggravated assault punishments and explanations since that may be allowed in jury instructions:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...minal-offense/florida-aggravated-assault-laws

Hope it isn't allowed but my guess is the judge will want an out. She will bow down to the "we want a guilty verdict whatever it may be or we will destroy this town race hustling crowd" as opposed to telling the prosecution "you wanted 2nd and you got it".
This judge has seemed pretty tough, but I guess we'll see...

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
And would you stop and answer a question of what you were doing in a neighborhood asked by a total stranger with no legal authority?
If I was a stranger walking around in a GATED community at night, yes I would. As a reasonable person, I would understand that I may look suspicious to the homeowners and might be questioned. And then again, I am not high on marijuana with an attitude and a twitter handle of no_limit_nigga.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
The point of the trial was to appease the media. I still agree with the ousted police man Chief. There was no grounds for arrest.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Every piece of evidence supports that view. We just had a trial, the entire point of which was to help reconstruct what happened.
There is very little, if any, direct evidence other than GZ statements and filmed reenactment to give a clear view of the 'confrontation'. That is up to the jury to decide and is critical to the self defense claim. However, for the original charge, I still dont believe there is enough evidence to convict.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know one thing.....he is avoiding discussion of self-defense like the plague!

Even so - now I know why prosecutors are paid what they are compared to defense lawyers...wow - O'Mara is going to knock it out of the park tomorrow.
This case. The Casey Anthony case. The Bingo Trial in Montgomery. The Roger Clemons trial. All examples of the difference between defense lawyers and government lawyers.

About two months ago I sat in an oral argument before the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals. The appellant's lawyer is a friend of mine, so I went to see him. The city attorney for city where he was arrested told the court a story related to the case. She gave the wrong information. She tried to claim an argument between the appellant and officers lasted several minutes (think she specifically said 20). Video shows the argument lasted only about 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.