Link: New QB Signeee Alec Morris working out, Cochran going to love this guy!

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
During the Under Armor All American event OL & DL take part in the Lineman Challenge. Basically something the big uglies do to show how they can push someone around. One of the events called the Tire Flip where:

One lineman will flip a monstrous 185 pound tire down the field 26.5 yards as fast as they can, when they reach the end, their partner will flip it back to the starting line as quickly as possible.

http://combines.underarmour.com/football/linemanbattle

Now this may not be 26.5 yards, but pretty impressive for a 235lb QB. He flips a 400lb weight 8 times

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coach Saban is no dummy ,,,, the man knows how to recruit... When AJ graduates , I'm pretty sure Alec will be ready !!!
If AJ stays all 5 years, Alec will be a RS Sophomore when AJ is gone. I don't think he'll take the lead if Phillip is still on the campus. When he gets his chance, he'll be ready and make a name for himself.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Call me contrarian, but I'm not sure that's something I'd want my QB doing, unless his name's Tebow. I can think of better for skill players...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Call me contrarian, but I'm not sure that's something I'd want my QB doing, unless his name's Tebow. I can think of better for skill players...
Maybe so Earle, but I bet the kid can break some tackles, ala Rothlesberger(sp?)..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I watched the video a couple of times and I'm really impressed.
Alec is strong and fast...
Alec Morris will be one of Coach Cochran's star pupils.

Some of that strength will help Alec shed tackles.

I think Alec can be strong and flexible, without bulking up too much.
(I'm sure this is where Coach Cochran will do like he did with Trent Richardson, and place a limit on very heavy weights)

I think back to the days of Brody Croyle, Brody was a great QB. but he wasn't strong. If getting stronger had helped Brody resist a few injuries, he would have been an even better QB. Coaches gave a wink and a nod to Brody's workouts.
(I didn't like that, because it set a poor example for the team.)

As long as we have Coach Cochran we won't hear terms like 'A fragile QB'.
' Yeah,Yeah, Yeah ' ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

(I'm sure this is where Coach Cochran will do like he did with Trent Richardson, and place a limit on very heavy weights)

I think back to the days of Brody Croyle, Brody was a great QB. but he wasn't strong. If getting stronger had helped Brody resist a few injuries, he would have been an even better QB. Coaches gave a wink and a nod to Brody's workouts.

' Yeah,Yeah, Yeah ' ;)
Who's Brody Croyle? I remember Brodie Croyle playing but not Brody. How long ago did he play? :wink:

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States

' Yeah,Yeah, Yeah ' ;)
Brodie had a thin frame, but an incredibly strong arm. His senior year he competed on the Skills Competition that airs on ESPN. He threw longer than any quarterback there. 68 yards in the air.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Brodie had a thin frame, but an incredibly strong arm. His senior year he competed on the Skills Competition that airs on ESPN. He threw longer than any quarterback there. 68 yards in the air.
Chris Mortensen was quoted one time that Brodie's skills were highly thought of by NFL Scouts but his size was a major concern.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.