Link: New QB Signeee Alec Morris working out, Cochran going to love this guy!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Who's Brody Croyle? I remember Brodie Croyle playing but not Brody. How long ago did he play? :wink:
Ya got me. :conf3: Senior moment.
When in doubt I tend to fall back on the masculine spelling.
(I should have known better ... B. C. is a hometown boy.)

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Morris could be somewhat under rated by recruiting services, mainly because they like to spot the big time quarterbacks when they are still in diapers, but he will be a work in progress. Fortunately Alabama is well stocked for next year so he will have the time.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That's impressive, but how intelligent and swift of foot is he? Those things in a QB impress me even more. :)
Swift: yes.

Intelligent: Uh.......folks I know, who claim they know him...........let's just say I will not engage in rumor-mongering.

He does need to learn how not watch a receiver, all the way, on his route. But, he is only a kid, so he has lots of time for CNS to chew on his ear.

Tossing a 400# weight around may seem silly, for a QB, but you would never have seen Brodie Croyle doing that. Or having the ball, put in his hand, on 4th and goal, on the final play of the game. They do that, with Morris.

Too bad he was stopped, a yard or so short, by the whole defense, in his final game.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I was thinking the same thing, plus it looks like he's lifting a bit too much with his back. :eek:
My thoughts too. While it's impressive, I don't see how it helps a QB and it just looks like a good way to hurt yourself.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
My cousin went to Ohio State in the late 70's. He said he saw Art Schlichter sit on the 50 yd line and throw the ball into the end zone once.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Call me contrarian, but I'm not sure that's something I'd want my QB doing, unless his name's Tebow. I can think of better for skill players...
Ah, don't worry. Looked to me like he was using his legs and not bending his back dangerously. Please, Lordy, let Bama have the next Big Ben. (Not so much the next Tebow)

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Brodie had a thin frame, but an incredibly strong arm. His senior year he competed on the Skills Competition that airs on ESPN. He threw longer than any quarterback there. 68 yards in the air.
Croyle also had a genetic predisposition for knee (cruciate ligament, I believe) injuries, and I'll never understand how we didn't find the guy a brace or some way to better prevent them. Sorry if that's a bunny trail from this thread.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I watched the video a couple of times and I'm really impressed.
Alec is strong and fast...
Alec Morris will be one of Coach Cochran's star pupils.

Some of that strength will help Alec shed tackles.

I think Alec can be strong and flexible, without bulking up too much.
(I'm sure this is where Coach Cochran will do like he did with Trent Richardson, and place a limit on very heavy weights)

I think back to the days of Brody Croyle, Brody was a great QB. but he wasn't strong. If getting stronger had helped Brody resist a few injuries, he would have been an even better QB. Coaches gave a wink and a nod to Brody's workouts.
(I didn't like that, because it set a poor example for the team.)

As long as we have Coach Cochran we won't hear terms like 'A fragile QB'.
' Yeah,Yeah, Yeah ' ;)

He could move positions if it doesn't work at qb spot.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Croyle also had a genetic predisposition for knee (cruciate ligament, I believe) injuries, and I'll never understand how we didn't find the guy a brace or some way to better prevent them. Sorry if that's a bunny trail from this thread.
Most think that the braces are more for psychological value. I abandoned mine two weeks after my ACL surgery. There's just too much slop with skin, etc. for any type of torsion injury (mine). If the opponent were kind enough to place his force directly at 90% on the hinge, then a brace might help some...

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
That comes from a great rotator cuff... :D[/QUOTE
Being as you seem to know a little on rotator cuffs I think I tore mine week ago suppose to go back this fri for mri as it hurt a lot to raise it day after.I'm going to sportsmed in huntsville,if I end up with surgery how long of a process does it usually take to get use again? Thought you might have some insight <I bought a small weight set two days before this happened will they help in rehabilitation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.