AL.com article...CMG says offense is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
I don't know what your connection is with Cohen but just wanted to throw my two cents in. I went to Birmingham-Southern, where he played his freshman year. I was friends with him and got along great and thought he was a very nice guy. Granted, I haven't seen or spoken to him in over 25 years so I don't know how he is as a coach in dealing with players or people. But I just took exception to your description of him, at least as I knew him.
For whatever reasons, he is not exactly a favorite among his fellow coaches.

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
Cohen is one of those coaches that has his players lean into pitches and cheer in high-pitched voices from the dugout. Remember that Kentucky game in the SEC Tournament in 2008 I think, which lasted well into Friday night when we were kicking their asses but that douche kept making pitching changes after every hitter.
So, while we'd be much better with him as opposed to Gaspard, I hope our next coach is not him.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
He's also the guy that supposedly turned us in last year for using juiced bats, and this was on a team that couldn't hit it's way out of a wet bag.

rtr

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
The resources argument, while valid, just went out the window as an excuse for this staff's failings with tonight's loss.

dddice

Jul 6, 2009
UGA has the HOPE Scholarship fund at their disposal so turning it around is much easier with the few scholarships baseball has to offer. Besides UGA is usually and every other year program. They are good one year, then bad the next.
I keep seeing everyone talk about the HOPE Scholarship, to have the HOPE a student must have a 3.5 GPA now and that gets you 75% of your tuition only. Not all baseball players can qualify for this anyways.

UGA is not drawing players because of the HOPE scholarship, I would guess 90% of the kids in Georgia dream of playing for UGA or GT. Not so sure if that is the case for Alabama. You can have a great program without HOPE, believe me the HOPE is not the issue or the thing that will change Alabama Baseball. Every year UGA has 15+ kids ready to attend there and they do not need them. Plus they have special walk-ons we do not have that happening at Alabama right now. UGA would have more as well if they did not promise one thing and do another, word gets around and some kids will not sign there becuase of it. If with the issues at UGA they still have 15+ kids ready to go each year.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I keep seeing everyone talk about the HOPE Scholarship, to have the HOPE a student must have a 3.5 GPA now and that gets you 75% of your tuition only. Not all baseball players can qualify for this anyways.

UGA is not drawing players because of the HOPE scholarship, I would guess 90% of the kids in Georgia dream of playing for UGA or GT. Not so sure if that is the case for Alabama. You can have a great program without HOPE, believe me the HOPE is not the issue or the thing that will change Alabama Baseball. Every year UGA has 15+ kids ready to attend there and they do not need them. Plus they have special walk-ons we do not have that happening at Alabama right now. UGA would have more as well if they did not promise one thing and do another, word gets around and some kids will not sign there becuase of it. If with the issues at UGA they still have 15+ kids ready to go each year.
I don't think HOPE is the answer either. The lottery scholarship here doesn't apply to Vanderbilt since it is a private school. Vanderbilt has nicer facilities. Maybe that's the difference. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.