BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

CB Vernon Hargreaves III Updates

Vernon Hargreaves III got an offer from bama a couple weeks ago and now we are in his top 6.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: #1 Corner for 2013

Actually, I saw a tweet from Andrew Bone recently that there was a Top 3 of USC, UF, and Bama. Not sure what that's worth, but I didn't realize we were so much in the running for him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the odds are pretty high that he stays in Florida, most likely signing with South Florida. With his father being an assistant coach for the Bulls, it gives them a huge advantage.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he stays in FL it will be UF. His father also has stated he is not pushing his kid one way or the other. But they are very interested in UA. I think if UA can get him to visit we have a legit shot.

The real question is which staff offers his father a job. Not much on packae deals but he has done well everywhere he has coached. A nice addition as our ST coach. 8)

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gumptider View Post
    Actually, I saw a tweet from Andrew Bone recently that there was a Top 3 of USC, UF, and Bama. Not sure what that's worth, but I didn't realize we were so much in the running for him.
    I just put top 6 to get the info out there. I believe this is a saban player. Read an analyst say he was a no nonsense player and a hard worker. I think once he sees a practice and Saban gets him in camp, I think he will fall in love with saban.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    The real question is which staff offers his father a job. Not much on packae deals but he has done well everywhere he has coached. A nice addition as our ST coach. 8)
    That'll be a mess. The national media would destroy us if we hired his dad.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Says on his profile that Vernon Hargreaves is his recruiting point man for Univ. of South Florida. Looks like pops already has a gig. What'd I miss?
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One more thing...that Vandy is among his favorites says a lot about the job that Franklin is doing there at Vandy. They probably still won't be a legitimate threat in the East, but at least he's changing the culture there. Gotta start somewhere
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think we had much of a shot at landing Hargreaves but when our DB coach is CNS than we always have a decent chance at any DB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Says on his profile that Vernon Hargreaves is his recruiting point man for Univ. of South Florida. Looks like pops already has a gig. What'd I miss?
    He worked with Skip Holtz at UConn in the late 90s, and then again at East Carolina and USF.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That'll be a mess. The national media would destroy us if we hired his dad.
    If Coach Saban isn't willing to sign brothers and friends of high profile prospects, such as Kennan Allen, he isn't going to hire position coaches for the same reason.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a joke about the package deal. Some of you take recruiting way to serious. But in regards to his father alot different from taking someone who can not contribute. From everything I have read his father would be a solid addition to any staff.

BTW UT did do this with JUCO Cordelle Patterson and brought his coach onto the staff as well.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as his father remains at South Florida (or some comparable program), I don't see us making any serious headway here. I figure, at best, we would just be another hat on the final table.

Very talented kid, though, would love to have him.