CB Vernon Hargreaves III Updates

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Re: #1 Corner for 2013

Actually, I saw a tweet from Andrew Bone recently that there was a Top 3 of USC, UF, and Bama. Not sure what that's worth, but I didn't realize we were so much in the running for him.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I think the odds are pretty high that he stays in Florida, most likely signing with South Florida. With his father being an assistant coach for the Bulls, it gives them a huge advantage.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

If he stays in FL it will be UF. His father also has stated he is not pushing his kid one way or the other. But they are very interested in UA. I think if UA can get him to visit we have a legit shot.

The real question is which staff offers his father a job. Not much on packae deals but he has done well everywhere he has coached. A nice addition as our ST coach. 8)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Actually, I saw a tweet from Andrew Bone recently that there was a Top 3 of USC, UF, and Bama. Not sure what that's worth, but I didn't realize we were so much in the running for him.
I just put top 6 to get the info out there. I believe this is a saban player. Read an analyst say he was a no nonsense player and a hard worker. I think once he sees a practice and Saban gets him in camp, I think he will fall in love with saban.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The real question is which staff offers his father a job. Not much on packae deals but he has done well everywhere he has coached. A nice addition as our ST coach. 8)
That'll be a mess. The national media would destroy us if we hired his dad.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

One more thing...that Vandy is among his favorites says a lot about the job that Franklin is doing there at Vandy. They probably still won't be a legitimate threat in the East, but at least he's changing the culture there. Gotta start somewhere

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I didn't think we had much of a shot at landing Hargreaves but when our DB coach is CNS than we always have a decent chance at any DB

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

It was a joke about the package deal. Some of you take recruiting way to serious. But in regards to his father alot different from taking someone who can not contribute. From everything I have read his father would be a solid addition to any staff.

BTW UT did do this with JUCO Cordelle Patterson and brought his coach onto the staff as well.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

As long as his father remains at South Florida (or some comparable program), I don't see us making any serious headway here. I figure, at best, we would just be another hat on the final table.

Very talented kid, though, would love to have him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.