Kindle Daily Deals: A new deal every day, check here daily!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
For those of you who have a Kindle or a Kindle app on your ipad/iphone/android device, if you're like me, you're occasionally looking for some new works at a cheap price. I've implemented this automatic post that will automatically pull the daily deal from amazon and post it here in this thread every day.

If you guys decide you like this and would rather it be a separate thread each day instead of just 1 continuous post, I can make that happen too. Just give me feedback.

Happy reading!

--Brett

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: A Dangerous Talent - 03-27-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 03-27-2012

Title: A Dangerous Talent By Aaron Elkins, Charlotte Elkins

About: Seattle art consultant Alix London's stalled career hides a shameful secret: her father's an art forger. Catching a break, Alix is hired to authenticate a painting from an American master, but the job becomes a tangle of deadly deceit. Can her roguish father help uncover the truth behind the painting?

Regular Price: $4.99
Discount: -$4.00
Deal Price: $0.99 (Today Only)

Rated: 4.4 of 5 Stars

Buy It Now or Browse Amazon.com.

More...
"Whenever a new book from the Elkins arrives, I let the cats go hungry and put my own work on hold till I've finished it."-Elizabeth Peters author of Crocodile on the Sandbank , and The Curse of the Pharaohs

Language: English
# of Pages: 270
File Size: 475 KB
Published by Thomas & Mercer, on March 6, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: A Dangerous Talent - 03-28-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 03-28-2012

Title: A Dangerous Talent By Aaron Elkins, Charlotte Elkins

About: Seattle art consultant Alix London's stalled career hides a shameful secret: her father's an art forger. Catching a break, Alix is hired to authenticate a painting from an American master, but the job becomes a tangle of deadly deceit. Can her roguish father help uncover the truth behind the painting?

More...
"Whenever a new book from the Elkins arrives, I let the cats go hungry and put my own work on hold till I've finished it."-Elizabeth Peters author of Crocodile on the Sandbank, and The Curse of the Pharaohs

# of Pages: 270
File Size: 475 KB

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
For those of you who have a Kindle or a Kindle app on your ipad/iphone/android device, if you're like me, you're occasionally looking for some new works at a cheap price. I've implemented this automatic post that will automatically pull the daily deal from amazon and post it here in this thread every day.

If you guys decide you like this and would rather it be a separate thread each day instead of just 1 continuous post, I can make that happen too. Just give me feedback.

Happy reading!

--Brett
What a great idea this is. I think a separate thread every day would overwhelm this low-traffic forum, though.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Chaos Walking Trilogy - 03-29-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 03-29-2012

Multi-Book Deal!

Chaos Walking Trilogy

About: Teenager Todd Hewitt's world is defined by the Noise germ, a plague that supposedly killed all women and gave the surviving men an ability to hear other's thoughts. The Chaos Walking trilogy chronicles Todd's coming-of-age journey through this post-apocalyptic landscape that's further shattered after he meets an eerily silent creature: a girl.

View Deals Now or Browse Amazon.com.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: 11 engaging young - 03-30-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 03-30-2012

Multi-Book Deal!

11 engaging young

About: Whether confronting alienation and racism in a mid-1960s Alaskan boarding school, or fighting mind control in an Orwellian world secretly run by corporations, all of today's young-adult novels explore the complicated and adventurous struggles that boys and girls face as they come of age.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Borrowed Time - 03-31-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 03-31-2012

Title: Borrowed Time By CJ Lyons

About: Trauma surgeon Joshua Lightner saved Pittsburgh Police officer Kate O'Hern's life, but the ordeal of surviving a cop-killer's attack gave her an unexpected side effect: visions of other people's deaths. As a doctor, Lightner refuses to believe in "psychic mumbo-jumbo," but as a man, he can't deny his feelings for Kate.

Rated: 4.0 of 5 Stars

More...
BORROWED TIME was the first thriller novel I wrote. In it, a Pittsburgh police officer tracks a killer targeting cops. The only problem? He's already killed her once.

Good hook, great idea with lots of possibilities. But where's the passion? Is it the idea of a cop dying, laying down her life to protect and serve others? Is it about how our society breeds and creates serial killers? Is it about returning from the dead and how that changed everything?

I chose the first. I decided this story was about a cop raised in the tradition that the best, most honorable, greatest thing you can do in this world is to be a cop and protect and serve. That was her driving force, her motivation, her reason to live.

And on page three, that's her reason to die. That's right, she's killed in the first pages.

She's resuscitated by a handsome trauma surgeon and wakes to find that not only is she physically maimed by her encounter with the killer, but she's also psychologically damaged. When she wakes, she has terrifying visions of people's deaths and so begins to think she's crazy. A belief confirmed when she learns that she actually was dead for several minutes and that she might have brain damage.

Now I've taken a character whose default action is to take action, even if it means sacrificing her own life, and what have I done? I've immobilized her, stripped her of her power, made her helpless. Even more, I've made her fear for her physical recovery while also doubting her very sanity.

Then I make things worse for her...

To find out how, download a sample or the entire book.

Enjoy!
CJ

# of Pages: 295
File Size: 788 KB
Published by Legacy Books; 2 edition, on November 3, 2009.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Sipping from the Nile - 04-01-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-01-2012

Title: Sipping from the Nile By N/A

About: Born in Egypt to a prominent family who lived in Europe and Cairo, Jean Naggar tells the story of her protected youth in this stirring coming-of-age memoir, a poignant exploration of childhood's innocence in a world that broke apart after Egypt nationalized the Suez Canal in 1956.

Regular Price: $7.85
Discount: -$5.86
Deal Price: $1.99 (Today Only)

Rated: 4.5 of 5 Stars

More...
“An intimate portrait of a large, closely knit Jewish family in Egypt when that country was the cosmopolitan El Dorado of the Middle East, this loving memoir charts an idyllic secluded childhood and tender family relationships-offering a rate insight into what it was like to be Jews in Egypt at that time.” –Claudia Roden, author of The Book of Jewish Food and The New Book of Middle Eastern Food

# of Pages: 390
File Size: 2466 KB
Published by AmazonEncore, on February 14, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: White Witch - 04-02-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-02-2012

Title: White Witch By Trish Milburn

About: Witchcraft. It's the family business, and no one in Jax Pherson's household survives quitting it. Escaping to the Appalachians, she strives to suppress her power and avoid a future beholden to her father's dark coven, but when Jax falls for a witch hunter, she struggles to preserve both life and love.

Regular Price: $8.49
Discount: -$7.50

More...
"Fresh, fun, and dangerous! I can't wait for the next one!" -Sherrilyn Kenyon #1 NYT Bestselling Author of the Dark-Hunter SeriesWitchcraft Is Her Family's Business.No One Quits The Family And Lives To Tell About It."Jax" Pherson has power, enough power to know her future will end in service to the dark coven her father controls. Unless she can stay hidden in a small community in the mountains of North Carolina. She must find a way to live without magic and deny the darkness she feels welling up inside her-the same dark power that fuels the covens around the world.All she wants is a normal life. A boyfriend. Friends. Some place to belong, but all too soon Jax's barely begun new life hangs in the balance when she discovers that the boy she's attracted to is sworn to kill her kind. He's a hunter with good reason to kill everything that goes bump in the night.Even the most fleeting use of her power is tantamount to signing her death warrant and will bring both hunter and coven down on her. But can she walk away when her friends are threatened by an old evil? Something created by the magic of witches? Jax's only hope of survival is to convince the boy she loves to forget everything he's ever been taught and help her find a way to fight the covens. To believe there is some good in her.

# of Pages: 188
File Size: 416 KB
Published by Bell Bridge Books, on February 16, 2012.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Cool thread...I'm a new Kindle owner so I'll be keeping up with the latest deal. The Elkins novel looks pretty interesting. Has anybody here read it?

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Swarm - 04-03-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-03-2012

Title: Swarm By B. V. Larson

About: In the first book of B. V. Larson's "Star Force Series," Kyle Riggs is snatched by an alien spacecraft sometime after midnight. The ship is testing everyone it catches and murdering the weak. The good news is that Kyle keeps passing tests and staying alive. The bad news is the aliens who sent this ship are the nicest ones out there.

Regular Price: $4.95
Discount: -$3.96

More...
Earth arms marines with alien technology and builds its first battle fleet!

Kyle Riggs is snatched by an alien spacecraft sometime after midnight. The ship is testing everyone it catches and murdering the weak. The good news is that Kyle keeps passing tests and staying alive. The bad news is the aliens who sent this ship are the nicest ones out there....

SWARM is the story of Earth's annexation by an alien empire. Long considered a primitive people on a backwater planet, humanity finds itself in the middle of a war, and faced with extinction. SWARM is an 88,000 word novel of science fiction by bestselling author B. V. Larson.

# of Pages: 263
File Size: 857 KB
Published by N/A, on N/A.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Stuck With You - 04-04-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-04-2012

Title: Stuck With You By N/A

About: When tax attorney Paige Heart took on her cousin's multimillion-dollar divorce case, she didn't expect her opponent, Ross "The Snake" Bennett, to be so good, or so handsome. Regardless, Paige takes Ross to the cleaners until a love-inducing virus hits the sparring lawyers simultaneously, forcing them into a shared quarantine.

Regular Price: $7.69
Discount: -$5.70

Rated: 3.8 of 5 Stars

More...
"Trish Jensen is a one-woman laugh riot." -Sandra Hill, NY Times Bestselling Author

"Trish Jensen is the undisputed queen of comedic romance." -Kathy Boswell, The Best Reviews

Two feuding divorce lawyers. One infectious "love bug" virus. The symptoms are hard to resist . . .

Paige Hart is blessed and cursed with a large, loving and...
colorful Southern family. As the only lawyer in the clan, she can't say no when her cousin needs her help in a messy, no-holds-barred divorce. Tax attorney Paige squares off with Ross "the Snake" Bennett - one of the slickest divorce lawyers in the county. The case is going as well as an acrimonious, zinger-filled, wrangle of epic proportions can go until exposure to an infectious bug with an unusual side effect lands both lawyers in quarantine together.

# of Pages: 216
File Size: 560 KB
Published by Bell Bridge Books, on January 3, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: In Search of Lucy - 04-05-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-05-2012

Title: In Search of Lucy By N/A

About: After years of caring for her sister and her alcoholic mother, Lucy Lang is abandoned by both. With her family gone, 30-year-old Lucy struggles to find purpose until faced with her sister's need for a kidney transplant. Will helping her sister grant Lucy the happiness that's been eluding her?

Regular Price: $2.99
Discount: -$2.00

More...
Lucy Lang's life is spiraling out of control. For years she sacrificed her own needs to care for her half sister and alcoholic mother, only to be abandoned by both. Now, at age 30, Lucy finds herself held back by memories and regret as she struggles to find her own purpose in life. But when her sister needs a kidney transplant, Lucy is the only one who can save her life.

With the help of new friends and a man who won't give up on her, Lucy sets out on a journey to reunite with her sister and find the answers she so desperately needs. Can she get past her emotions and have a chance at happiness? With its colorful and endearing cast of characters, In Search of Lucy takes readers on a rollercoaster of emotions from sadness and heartache to happiness and hope.

# of Pages: 309
File Size: 515 KB
Published by AmazonEncore, on February 28, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Ball Four - 04-06-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-06-2012

Title: Ball Four By N/A

About: Denounced by the baseball establishment and banned by some libraries when published in 1970, Jim Bouton's classic tell-all is a funny and highly revealing insider's take on professional baseball life. His honest insights literally changed the public's image of professional athletes and helped kick off the economic revolution in sports.

Regular Price: $8.79
Discount: -$7.80

Rated: 4.6 of 5 Stars

More...
"...the new fifty pages...is extra special. It is...the most moving, the most significant part of the book." -- Dick Schaap

"...vibrant, funny...To call it simply a 'tell-all book' is like describing The Grapes of Wrath as a book about harvesting..." -- Jim Caple, sportswriter

"A great book, wildly entertaining, worth reading every two or three years." -- Rob Neyer

"The new epilogue alone is worth the price of the book." -- Frank Deford

# of Pages: 544
File Size: 2587 KB
Published by RosettaBooks, on March 20, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: The Westies - 04-07-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-07-2012

Title: The Westies By N/A

About: In the 1970s, organized crime in New York City's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood radically changed when charismatic sociopath Jimmy Coonan took over the Irish mob. Coonan relied on the vicious enforcement of his long-time friend Mickey Featherstone, and this harrowing story chronicles their rise in a world where murder was just business.

Regular Price: $9.99
Discount: -$8.00

Rated: 4.7 of 5 Stars

More...
A decades-long saga of murder and betrayal on Manhattan’s gritty West Side

It’s men like Jimmy Coonan and Mickey Featherstone who gave Hell’s Kitchen its name. In the mid-1970s, these two long-time friends take the reins of New York’s Irish mob, using brute force to give it hitherto unthinkable power. Jimmy, a charismatic sociopath, is the leader. Mickey, whose memories of Vietnam torture him daily, is his enforcer. Together they make brutality their trademark, butchering bodies or hurling them out the window. Under their reign, Hell’s Kitchen becomes a place where death literally rains from the sky.

When Mickey goes down for a murder he didn’t commit, he suspects his friend has sold him out. He returns the favor, breaking the underworld’s code of silence and testifying against his gang in open court. From his testimony comes this incredible story of what it means to make it in a world where murder is commonplace.

# of Pages: 416
File Size: 1046 KB
Published by MysteriousPress.com/Open Road; 1 edition, on November 15, 2011.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: A Good and Useful Hurt - 04-08-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-08-2012

Title: A Good and Useful Hurt By Aric Davis

About: At Mike's body-art business, loved ones are memorialized when their ashes are mixed with tattoo ink. This specialty unexpectedly provides supernatural assistance to track a killer that begins preying on Mike's customers. It's an intense journey that explores what happens when the hope of redemption collides with life's dark side.

Regular Price: $7.99
Discount: -$7.00

Rated: 4.1 of 5 Stars

More...
"Mike, who runs a tattoo shop in Michigan, doesn’t see anything wrong in granting a customer’s unusual request to give him a tattoo incorporating the ashes of his deceased son. Soon other customers are asking for the same thing, which is fine, except that his new and unique kind of body art appears to connect Mike to a serial killer, causing the lives of the people Mike cares about to be put in jeopardy. Teaming up with the shop’s new hire, a beautiful and aggressively offbeat body piercer, Mike plunges into darkness from which he might not return. This could have been a serviceable mystery yarn with a fresh setting (the world of the tattoo artist), but Davis’ highly engaging characters and accomplished prose style, combined with the story’s seriously dark tones, make it compelling reading. Highly recommendable."— David Pitt

# of Pages: 303
File Size: 498 KB
Published by 47North, on February 21, 2012.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: The - 04-09-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-09-2012

Multi-Book Deal!

The

About: Rediscover the power of inspiration with timeless stories illuminating the best of the human spirit. Whether you're discovering the Chicken Soup series for the first time or you're a long-time fan, this diverse selection of titles will motivate you to reach your highest potential and embrace the world around you.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Rock Paper Tiger - 04-10-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-10-2012

Title: Rock Paper Tiger By Lisa Brackmann

About: American Iraq War veteran Ellie Cooper is down-and-out in Beijing when a chance encounter with a Chinese Muslim at the home of her boyfriend, Lao Zhang, turns her life upside down. After Lao disappears, multiple security organizations hound Ellie for information and accuse her of consorting with terrorists.

Regular Price: $9.99
Discount: -$8.00

Rated: 3.9 of 5 Stars

More...
Brackmann’s debut deftly mixes modern China, the Iraq War, and online gaming, an unusual combination that manages to work. Iraq vet Ellie Cooper is making a new life for herself in Beijing, living with friends in an unsanctioned artists’ village on the outskirts of town. A chance encounter with an Uighur (Turkish ethnics living in China) sets in motion a baffling series of events in which Ellie is pursued by American and Chinese agents. Not sure whom to trust or where to turn, Ellie finds that she is able to communicate safely using a relatively unmonitored online role-playing game. Ellie’s story of her time in Iraq and the reasons she initially came to China are revealed in chapter-long flashbacks interspersed with the main story; taken together, the two narrated strands constitute a fast-paced and engaging story as both plots are full of mystery and suspense. Although the ending falls a bit flat, the tension up to that point is sustained superbly, and the characters are full-bodied and engaging. Good reading for anyone interested in the international crime novel. --Jessica Moyer

# of Pages: 353
File Size: 638 KB
Published by Soho Press, on June 1, 2010.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Last Exit in New Jersey - 04-11-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-11-2012

Title: Last Exit in New Jersey By C.E. Grundler

About: Raised around boats and semi-trucks, 20-year-old Hazel Moran can handle anything on the road or water, but the hooligans hunting for her cousin and their missing shipment may be another matter. When Hazel and her father get in the thugs' crosshairs, she knows that playing nice will only end in tears.

Regular Price: $2.99
Discount: -$2.00

More...
Nice young ladies really shouldn't be dumping bodies at sea. Then again, that isn't stopping Hazel Moran, and she can't figure where anyone got the idea she was nice to begin with.

Raised aboard her father's aging schooner and riding shotgun in their eighteen-wheeler, she can handle almost anything on the road or water; it's her people skills that need work. Normally that isn't an issue—most people tend to leave her alone behind the wheel of a Kenworth. But when twenty-year-old Hazel and her father become the targets of some unsavory characters hunting for her missing cousin, their stolen tractor trailer, and a delivery that never arrived, she knows it's time to heed a lesson learned from her favorite hard-boiled paperbacks: playing nice will only end in tears.

It'll take all her ingenuity, not to mention some fishing tackle and high voltage, if Hazel hopes to protect her family and unravel this tangle of greed and betrayal. And anyone who gets too close, no matter the intent, will discover just how dangerous Hazel truly is as she sets in motion a twisted plan to uncover the truth, settle some scores, and not wind up dead in the process.

Gritty, offbeat, and darkly funny, Last Exit in New Jersey is a modern mystery that introduces an unforgettable new protagonist to the ranks of literature’s hard-boiled detectives.

# of Pages: 473
File Size: 750 KB

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Kindle Daily Deal: Dangerous Games - 04-12-2012

Kindle Daily Deal for 04-12-2012

Title: Dangerous Games By Michael Prescott

About: Saddled with a new partner she neither trusts nor wants, FBI agent Tess McCallum is on the trail of a twisted and deadly kidnapper known for chaining victims up in the vast storm drains of Los Angeles. This novel's breathtaking suspense and plot twists combine to deliver one irresistible read.

Regular Price: $6.99
Discount: -$6.00

More...
...messes with your mind and makes you love it. (Publishers Weekly)

# of Pages: 404
File Size: 540 KB
Published by E-Reads, on July 9, 2010.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.