Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recipes

Cecil speaks on buyouts...

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Cecil speaks on buyouts...

Amen!
    RTR

Anytime "Cecil Speaks" I'm there.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Thanks, Earle good read. No one can ever truly know what another person is thinking or planning, but IMO, at some point it does becomes a matter of trust and what that person leads you to believe. As for the buyout, as Cecil said, a serious suitor will find any buyout peanuts if the person they are pursuing can deliver. We have been fortunate to have Coach Saban regardless of how long his tenure might be.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Anytime "Cecil Speaks" I'm there.
    Sidebar:
    I saw someone mentioning the AD position the other day. I believe that Mal is going to stay as long as he can because Coach Saban likes and trusts Mal as the AD and that is a big deal imo. This goes along with the article of keeping the coach's in a healthy environment over buyout clauses.. Mal went through a terrible difficult time with the football program but we came out of the dark with upgrades, new facilities and a #1 coach. I hope that he stays healthy and enjoys the fruits of his efforts for as long as he wants to or can.

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Sidebar:
    I saw someone mentioning the AD position the other day. I believe that Mal is going to stay as long as he can because Coach Saban likes and trusts Mal as the AD and that is a big deal imo. This goes along with the article of keeping the coach's in a healthy environment over buyout clauses.. Mal went through a terrible difficult time with the football program but we came out of the dark with upgrades, new facilities and a #1 coach. I hope that he stays healthy and enjoys the fruits of his efforts for as long as he wants to or can.
    I agree....Mal will stay a good while. He and Saban have a comfortable relationship. With the departure of Dr Witt to the Chancelors office, this is even more important.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

Saban has never had a buyout at any school - never.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Saban has never had a buyout at any school - never.
    So he has?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended

Not a finer sportswriter in all of America.

There's no doubt that his column was a response to Timmi Brandi's spasmic flood about how stupid Bama was not to build in a buyout clause in CNS' contract. Timmi Brandi, leader of the Lilliputians...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    There's no doubt that his column was a response to Timmi Brandi's spasmic flood about how stupid Bama was not to build in a buyout clause in CNS' contract. Timmi Brandi, leader of the Lilliputians...
    Ha! When I heard Brando saying that stuff, I wondered who his target audience is for a story like that. It's been said countless times that guys like Brando, Finebaum and the rest sit with a staff of people and dream this stuff to A.) Rile up Bama fans, 'cause they know we don't take anything lying down so we'll pay attention and respond giving him ratings and more website hits. He also knows he has an audience for anyone else in the conference or any possible future opponent, it's a ray of hope that Saban might be out of their lives, so they pay attention and respond, giving him higher ratings and more website hits...
    We live in an age where folks will do anything for attention, no matter how inane, hurtful or just downright tasteless.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Warrior View Post
    Ha! When I heard Brando saying that stuff, I wondered who his target audience is for a story like that. It's been said countless times that guys like Brando, Finebaum and the rest sit with a staff of people and dream this stuff to A.) Rile up Bama fans, 'cause they know we don't take anything lying down so we'll pay attention and respond giving him ratings and more website hits. He also knows he has an audience for anyone else in the conference or any possible future opponent, it's a ray of hope that Saban might be out of their lives, so they pay attention and respond, giving him higher ratings and more website hits...
    We live in an age where folks will do anything for attention, no matter how inane, hurtful or just downright tasteless.....
    That last sentence certainly describes Brandi...

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Black Warrior View Post
    The thing is that PF ribs but usually lets it go if the facts aren't on his side. Brando, on the other hand...