Charles "Terry" Brown, Bama Linebacker class of '85

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
So I was at the laundromat the other day doing, you know, laundry and studying for a test, when this 48yr old black man walks up to me and asks me what time it was. I told him, then he asked me if I was a student and what my major was. So I said yeah I'm a student, told him my major, and went back to what I was doing when he started rattling off all these classes I had to take to complete my major, and he was right on all of them. Well that caught my attention, so I turned back towards him and he introduced himself as Terry Brown, a Comm Major and Linebacker for Bryant of the class of '85.

He then proceeded to tell me about his job working for a production company in Northport where he made $189,000 a year, about how he had taken a lot of footage on the Tornado and the BCS NC game, and all about his 4 different cars (ranging from a corvette to a fancy, chromed Z71). Then he told me all about his parents, what kinds of jobs they had (a doctor and a teacher), his college party life, blah blah blah, basically giving me a whole background picture of him growing up. And the whole time he kept asking me if I believed him yet. He was also very well spoken and was wearing shorts with a polo shirt.

Finally, after about 45min, he got around to the point and told me that his truck (which was parked in an undisclosed location) had run out of gas and that he did not have any money on his person, or any of his three cell phones and was therefore forced to ask random strangers if they could help him out with the gas money (apparently nobody had obliged). The truck was full of $8,000 worth of camera equipment and he was really worried about getting too far away from it. In return for giving him some gas money he was willing to offer me a job paying $700 a week, his daughter, the keys to his corvette, and $400.37. He then went out to a old Ford Ranger in the parking lot to get pen and paper. Apparently he had borrowed the truck from a friend so he could drive around soliciting people for money. Why the friend didn't also give him some money is a mystery. So on the paper he wrote down the name of his business (Transvideo Teleproductions, LLC) a work, home, and cell number, and an address to his business. Well, this was the most fantastic story I've ever heard, so I gave him $10 and he drove off cackling and promising to be back in 30min with the $400.37. Oddly he never came back.

And so, this is the story of how I met NYBF's long lost brother, Terry Brown.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Around Montgomery young black guys walk up & down the major shopping parking lots with the ran out of gas story hoping for a sucker to give them some free money. Never seen one go to this much trouble for a few bucks though. Funny that they always have their cell phone and clothes that cost more than anything I wear on.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Around Montgomery young black guys walk up & down the major shopping parking lots with the ran out of gas story hoping for a sucker to give them some free money. Never seen one go to this much trouble for a few bucks though. Funny that they always have their cell phone and clothes that cost more than anything I wear on.
Hobo :wink:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yeah usually I just get requests for money so they can go see their dying newborn child at the hospital, then when I say no they don't seem too put out. Go figure.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Watched a man beg for gas money at the truck stop here in Ttown a few days ago. Had seen him score several times and heard a lot of the conversation he had with people. He was just wanting gas to get somewhere in MS. So he finally came to me and I thought surely I would get the same story. He walked up to me and said I have 45 dollars I just begged for for gas. Come inside now and watch me pay the cashier for the gas. What I am going to ask from you is can I have 5 dollars for a couple of beers for the drive. I smiled, it caught me so off balance that I gave him the money and he got in line in front of me and did exactly what he said he was gonna do.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Heh..... "LB for Bryant" in the class of '85.

For real! You would think that the guy would have at least had the sense to say that he played for Perkins, given that he claims that he's c/o '85! The key to a successful con is in the details! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.