WOW- LSU rounded up a whole 33,000 fans for their L-Day game....

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
:wink:
I guess that's what they call it over there. Whatever the case may be not a real impressive number there LSU....Is that the best you can do? We will triple that (hopefully)!!!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: WOW- LSU rounded up a whole 33,000 for their L-Day game....

Was it held today? A bit odd if they did with the Final Four just down the road.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

:wink:
I guess that's what they call it over there. Whatever the case may be not a real impressive number there LSU....Is that the best you can do? We will triple that (hopefully)!!!!
It wasn't at night, or at least, that's what the excuse will be...

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama

Of course- that and "the Final Four was in New Orleans" will be used as well. And- just sayin- sure didn't look 33K from the video.

jagvocate

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2010

I was there. Y'all are still in LSU's heads ... lots of negative comments ("couldn't win the last one") in the stands during LSU's award ceremony for SEC Championship Trophy

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I was there. Y'all are still in LSU's heads ... lots of negative comments ("couldn't win the last one") in the stands during LSU's award ceremony for SEC Championship Trophy
When a team is prematurely elevated to the status LSU was the fall is a long one and does a lot of damage. I've been told by numerous LSU fans it was the worst loss in LSU history. And this years game down in Baton Rouge will not offer any type of redemption, win or lose for the Tigers. Because a regular season win can never trump getting beat down in the BCSNCG. They won't be handing a crystal ball out after the game in Baton Rouge. No matter who wins.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate but:

1) Final Four is just down the road

2) Their baseball team is playing now and it's a perennial power. And it's baseball's time of year.

3) that last game will stick with them awhile

4) they are not as fanatical as we are about college football - I don't mean that as a slambut IMHO only Nebraska is our rival on that front. Conveniently enough, Nebraska has as many pro football teams as Alabama.

5) fans of our team need to quit casting aspersions at other teams based upon segmented information. There are many schools that would love to have 33,000 fans at a meanngless scrimmage. The reason our 92K in 2007 made national news was because it was a new thing.

6) we have our own front-runner fans. I don't recall 92,000 people showing up at BDS in April 2001 when we had just hired Fran. Or what about 2000, when were coming off an SEC title & ranked third in the new poll?

I'm just saying a little perspective is in order here

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

And 8,263 folks went to see a baseball game that matters as opposed to a meaningless scrimmage.

2) Their baseball team is playing now and it's a perennial power. And it's baseball's time of year.

4) they are not as fanatical as we are about college football - I don't mean that as a slambut IMHO only Nebraska is our rival on that front. Conveniently enough, Nebraska has as many pro football teams as Alabama.

5) fans of our team need to quit casting aspersions at other teams based upon segmented information. There are many schools that would love to have 33,000 fans at a meanngless scrimmage. The reason our 92K in 2007 made national news was because it was a new thing.

6) we have our own front-runner fans. I don't recall 92,000 people showing up at BDS in April 2001 when we had just hired Fran. Or what about 2000, when were coming off an SEC title & ranked third in the new poll?

Well, I only half way agree with you there. Their baseball team is a power but it still takes a backseat to football. This is the south. Yeah the final four is in NO but LSU isn't there this year and basketball takes a backseat to football as well. That last game is sticking with me too, I can only imagine how it is with them. You could have fooled me about how fanatical they are about their team. Did you see those cats (no pun intended) last year? They were on AUs level of dumbness, especially when it came to playing Bama. We do have front runners as funs just like everyone else. But we all know what was going happen when Saban took the helm. Who didn't want to take part. As for Nebraska, well, maybe... They do have the ain'ts and some people in Louisiana don't like LSU.

Something is ironic about the fact that this exact game is refered to as the "L-game" even though its obvious.

Theres so many jokes just waiting to be made about that name for their spring practice game.

For instance. Ehem......

I wonder if theres a coon costumed fan cartoon logo with someone holding up an L sign in front of their forehead?
Or how about the fact that this game is basically celebrating the loss to Bama with an L of all things in name and receiving only an sec trophy. I wonder if the field does not offer a painted number "50" like elevators dont have a numbered 13th floor. Only 33,000 cared I guess. Too bad Cartman's superhero alter ego cant be the new logo for them.

Last edited:

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Alabama has traditionally experienced good crowds for A-Day

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bama draw 90,000 plus on a Talladega weekend?

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama

Just think, if LSU had actually won the BCSNCG there would have probably been at least......34k there. Tigger fans are just like.......well......that other school that has Tiggers as their mascot. :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.