Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dodd is thinking along the same lines as I was yesterday. How on earth can he walk into a recruit's mom's living room and ask her to entrust her child to him? This seems to be the "year of the disgraced coach..."
Add the fact Petrino suxs at the recruiting game already..He'll be recruiting at the level of Jax St or UAB..There's no way Petrino survives this with his job..I don't think so anyways..

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Re: Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident

This whole situation has finally made me realize that the U.S economy is worse than I thought. Inflation is rampant. The price of strange has gotten entirely too expensive.
I would just call it a "sampling the workforce". :biggrin2:

LoyalAlum

Scout Team
Jun 13, 2009

Once again we have a coach who through his own selfishness has bent-over a whole state full of fans. While I've never been a big fan of Petrino (now to be known has heavy Petrino) I was glad to see the Hogs finally climbing the ladder of success. Now the Arky fans and players are out in the cold. At least the Bama nation can say in all honesty that we know how they feel from our own past experience.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh great. Bama hater Dennis Dodd, and he's ripping Coach Bryant in the second sentence. Apparently, Dodd thinks there's a moral equivalence between being a little over the top at what you're paid to do and nailing a cupcake half your age and lying to the boss about it where you run into modern sex harassment laws.

Dodd is a bigger idiot each time I read him.
You missed Dodd's point when mentioning Coach Bryant. He uses the anecdote of three highly regarded coaches and their hard stories to show that Petrino doesn't have the respect that those coaches did during their time and still do today.

Even the grimmest, meanest, toughest coaches, succeed because, at some level, they are sympathetic figures.

Read “Junction Boys” and common human decency was in short supply under Bear Bryant at Texas A&M.

Bo Schembechler peeled his share of paint.

Woody Hayes went out with barely a shred of dignity.

But they were sympathetic figures because they were revered by their former players. They could turn it on in the living room for any mama who cared to open the door for a recruiting visit. They could sell their schools. They could also sell themselves. Before their winning percentage made them legends, they were hard-working everymen. In troubled times, that's what sustained those legends.

(At the end)
What will kill Petrino as a coach at Arkansas? He's in the same profession as Bear, Woody and Bo. As a sympathetic figure, he's not even on the same planet as those legends.
We can all agree that Petrino doesn't have the public nor player respect that any of those three coaches had - and in some cases, still have.

This is laughable...

In a fit of hubris and arrogance Petrino just lost his ability to recruit. At least recruit well.
Even the Arky writers were saying they didn't recruit well, which was a reason they've not beaten Nick Saban. I'm not sure Bobby P has had a Top 20 recruiting class while at Arky.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As someone who works in the wedding industry, I just hope all the vendors of that girl's wedding got sizable upfront and non-refundable deposits/retainers. Chances are they might be out of a gig on June 9th with very little possibility to make up that date.
Ahh shoot... I'm sure there are some fans and coaches in the country that would gladly have a celebration and use those vendors. :wink:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Let Arkansas keep Petrino... The damage is already done.

I can just hear 'VERN' in his next telecast game....

'Robby Petro had a problem keeping it upright with a blonde Arkansas employee...'
Like the Ingram story... Vern will be sure to mention it every game.
Petrino will be alright though, because Vern won't get his name right half the time.

With that said: I must apologize (to/for) Mike Dubose, this story is more like a Mike Price story.

Bobby Petrino does appear to have met his 'Destiny'...
(Was that the name?) ;)

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
First thought: thanks God it's not Bama

Second Thought: When Dubose first got in trouble just after winning an SEC championship my father said it was inexcusable for Alabama to not fire him and the only reason they didn't was because he won football games. He said it would bit Alabama in the butt for not doing the right thing. My father as is so often the case was 100% correct. I guess when you live like 80 years you learn a few things. The following year his lack of character eventually resulted in a team that lacked character and they lost and lost huge. In addition the NCAA difficulties that followed would damage Alabama for almost a decade.

Arkansas needs to learn from our mistakes. Fire Patrino now before he drags your program to a place where a good day is beating Vandy. Yes it will hurt badly now, but better to hurt now and get better than to spend a decade being everybody's easy win.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

Let Arkansas keep Petrino... The damage is already done.

I can just hear 'VERN' in his next telecast game....

'Robby Petro had a problem keeping it upright with a blonde Arkansas employee...'
Like the Ingram story... Vern will be sure to mention it every game.
Petrino will be alright though, because Vern won't get his name right half the time.

With that said: I must apologize (to/for) Mike Dubose, this story is more like a Mike Price story.Bobby Petrino does appear to have met his 'Destiny'...
(Was that the name?) ;)
eh, not really. Pawpaw Mike went to a strip club, dubose and Bobby P both had "inappropriate relationships" with co-workers and lied about it to their bosses.

So Bobby had his little Debbie (no disrespect to CNS! :) ) moment...

The pigs should've known what they were getting, it's not like this clandestine behavior is something new for Petrino.... the flirtation with the Barn....leaving the Falcons in the middle of the season...you get what you pay for...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I would say its more of a Dubose situation than Price. And we should have fired Dubose when it came to light. Did we learn nothing from wimp's mess?

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Putting Petrino aside for a moment, what in the world was this young woman thinking? (Almost said "lady" by accident ;) ) Having an affair is bad enough. Deplorable, in fact. Having one before you're even married is even worse. But, having an affair with probably the most recognizable man in the state really takes the cake. Oh, and it was here boss, too.

Attractive or not, she has a serious lack of judgement. <Insert dumb blonde joke here>

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

Putting Petrino aside for a moment, what in the world was this young woman thinking? (Almost said "lady" by accident ;) ) Having an affair is bad enough. Deplorable, in fact. Having one before you're even married is even worse. But, having an affair with probably the most recognizable man in the state really takes the cake.

Attractive or not, she has a serious lack of judgement. <Insert dumb blonde joke here>
You mean the SECOND most recognizable man in the state. Remember, the Gus bus is in that state too now! :wink:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

It always cracked me up when people tried to compare Petrino to Saban, especially right after he left the Falcons. Petrino high tailed it out of town with 3 games left in the season and left a nice note for the team instead of actually talking with them. At least Saban waited until the end of the season, he may have got flack for his "I will not be the coach of Alabama" presser but like he has said before, at that time he was the Dolphin's coach. He didn't want to discuss another job until the season was over.

Then of course you have the whole Tuberville/Jetgate scandal before that, which showed more shadiness from Mr. Petrino. If there is a "mercenary for hire" in coaching it is Bobby Petrino, not Nick Saban.

Putting Petrino aside for a moment, what in the world was this young woman thinking? (Almost said "lady" by accident ;) ) Having an affair is bad enough. Deplorable, in fact. Having one before you're even married is even worse. But, having an affair with probably the most recognizable man in the state really takes the cake. Oh, and it was here boss, too.

Dave Chappelle put it best when talking about Bill Clinton and Monica:

Some women want to be with a powerful man.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA

I have a co-worker that same age that was dating her now fiance.. She thought nothing of encouraging a guy in our dept to leave his wife and daughter so they could go on a 2 or 3 month escapade of shacking up and cavorting around while she waited on her boyfriend to propose. I dont know too many broads that age, but the ones I know all seem to have a similar mindset.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Give a job. Get a job. It's the American way.
Her resume is impeccable.;)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Regarding the recruiting impact of this one, I wouldn't get carried away with it.

Frankly, Petrino can't recruit anyway, so what's the difference? He's always going to have to be the guy who specializes in developing players in a system over time and who can find undervalued assets in the prep ranks. The state of Arkansas doesn't routinely turn out lots of top talent, and Petrino has made it clear he can't go into border states and poach top talent from the in-state schools. Frankly, he's had a hard time just keeping what little top talent Arkansas turns out from going elsewhere, so I think that's just a moot point all the way around.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.