Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This won't turn out well for that personal trooper either..I hope Petrino is happy..Cause he's screwing up many lives for his "Mistakes"..
Remember, it takes two to tango. The lady made her decision. The personal trooper - if true - made his decision.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He certainly did. But his recruiting was top notch. Of course, it was a smoke and mirrors. Half of those recruits never even played a down at Alabama. Of course, that again points to DuBose's lack of leadership ability.
Lou Holtz once said that it's not like Alabama got put on probation for recruiting bad players.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I concur we had zero leadership. The irony of the whole thing is that while we might have lost the SEC that year (then again, who
knows? If DuBose can win the SEC with that team, my 13-year old son who doesn't like football probably could), it would have
turned out BETTER for us in the long run.

Imagine this scenario: we can DuBose. We replace him with (pick an assistant). We tell him he's not getting the job. Then we
take a look up north and say, "That Saban kid looks pretty good."

I can dream, can't I?
Nice dream at that - but the climate of "Leadership" at that time would likely have brought us someone like Richard Williamson, or even the return of Stallings under Moore

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Then you missed Dodd's point completely, too - he wasn't trying to compare them, he was contrasting them - highlighting the difference between those coaches and CBP.
No, I don't think I missed the point. It was a very poor apples-to-oranges comparison.

Those 3 coaches were legends, because they won. They may have done so, in a non-PC manner. But that it is a far cry from hiring a young lady, half your age, with whom you have been involved in an "inappropriate relationship" with. And then hiding and/or lying about it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Petrino will not survive, not because is not a legend. He will not survive because he is a jerk.

Come to think of it.................Woody Hayes did not survive, once he was exposed as a time bomb, did he? Yet, he really was a legend.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Remember, it takes two to tango. The lady made her decision. The personal trooper - if true - made his decision.
POST CRASH ACTIVITIES: OPERATOR PETRINO (V-1) AND PASSENGER DORRELL WERE NOT PRESENT AT THE ACCIDENT SCENE WHEN I ARRIVED. EMS WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF THE TRAFFIC ACCIDENT. OPERATOR PETRINO (V-1) AND PASSENGER DORRELL WERE TRANSPORTED FROM THE COLLISION SCENE TO THE INTERSECTION OF EAST HUNTSVILLE ROAD AND CROSSOVER ROAD IN FAYETTEVILLE … UPON ARRIVAL AT THE INTERSECTION OF EAST HUNTSVILLE ROAD AND CROSSOVER ROAD IN FAYETTEVILLE, PASSENGER DORRELL DEPARTED IN HER PERSONEL VEHICLE. OPERATOR OF (V-1) PETRINO WAS TRANSPORTED TO PHYSICIAN SPECIALTY HOSPITAL BY ASP CAPTAIN
LANCE KING IN HIS ASP VEHICLE

Lance King serves as his security detail during the football season...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
His personal State Trooper is now involved?

I love it, when a plan starts to come together. (Translation: Won't be long before the barners convince the Pig People the nefarious REC was behind it. Because they were afraid of what Arky was going to do on the field.) (Read their sites............they are stating the latter. Former won't be far behind.)

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012
No, I'm with SBT, on this one. There is no excuse, other than hate, for lumping CBP in with 3 legendary, yet tough-as-nails, "old school" coaches. There is simply no comparison.
How you read "lumping in" instead of "contrasting" out of that article is beyond me.

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012
Imagine this scenario: we can DuBose. We replace him with (pick an assistant). We tell him he's not getting the job. Then we
take a look up north and say, "That Saban kid looks pretty good."

I can dream, can't I?
Then four years later, Miami calls, Saban hates it, and winds up at LSU. I think all things considered I prefer the post NFL Saban.

Having said that, we probably wouldn't have gone through the 2000-2006 hell. But I don't think we'd have Saban today.

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012
This ain't about DuBose.. This is about Petrino. Why does someone always have to hijack a thread?
They weren't exactly talking about the price of eggs in China. They were talking about a sex scandal by a head football coach in the SEC and its related outcomes.

I find it much closer than the Mike Price comparisons.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
His personal State Trooper is now involved?

I love it, when a plan starts to come together. (Translation: Won't be long before the barners convince the Pig People the nefarious REC was behind it. Because they were afraid of what Arky was going to do on the field.) (Read their sites............they are stating the latter. Former won't be far behind.)

Shhhhhhh. The hog eats at noon. Repeat the hog eats at noon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.