Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The fly in the ointment of a possible lawsuit is the fact that she was not a UA employee at the time the affair began. She entered employment with eyes wide open and accepting that sexual favors came along with it. That's not the picture of someone caving to sexual pressure from a superior. Her only possible claim would be that her position with the fund-raising organization would be jeopardized if she didn't accept the employment. IMO, this really complicates her ability to claim harassment under the '64CRA...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
The fly in the ointment of a possible lawsuit is the fact that she was not a UA employee at the time the affair began. She entered employment with eyes wide open and accepting that sexual favors came along with it. That's not the picture of someone caving to sexual pressure from a superior. Her only possible claim would be that her position with the fund-raising organization would be jeopardized if she didn't accept the employment. IMO, this really complicates her ability to claim harassment under the '64CRA...
Unless she got her new position because she gave sexual favors.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I predict that he will be retained. All he will be required to do is get and give some sort of Bill Clintonesque-type mea culpa speech and how he plans to "make things right with his family and god", using words like "faith" and "family" 100 different times....

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I think he's toast. The longer we go with no action taken, the louder the drum beat will get, not necessarily within the walls of hogville, but from the rest of the SEC. The easiest thing to do is to cut strings and go interim. As some of the radio guys were saying earlier, when you look at the fact that he hired this girl 2 weeks ago, you start looking at the rules coorporate America has to go by. Things like equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment come in to play. So you are not just looking at an employee messing around on his wife with a co-worker. They cant relocate her, they cant fire her, and they cant let them continue to work together. That really only leaves them with one option.
You make a good point regarding his involvement with a subordinate. That pushes this to a whole new level. In the corporate world, this will get you fired in a heart beat. Yes, it does open up the University to all kinds of legal liabilities. But, it is not impossible for them to squirm through, transfer her to another department (while maintaining comparable compensation), and allow BP to remain, giving him a chance to work off his probation over time. Personally, I doubt this will work out for him. It is rare that these guys survive the fallout; just too much to overcome.
Arkansas has itself in a tight box. Because of the Nutt involvement with the pretty TV anchor, they were deliberate to include escape verbage in the BP contract. Now, he has forced them to call their own morality bluff.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I predict that he will be retained. All he will be required to do is get and give some sort of Bill Clintonesque-type mea culpa speech and how he plans to "make things right with his family and god", using words like "faith" and "family" 100 different times....
Momma may have different plans.:biggrin2:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Forgive me if this has been suggested but I confess to not reading every page.

I predict Petrino is fired and 2 years from now following Cheezik's dismissal from API, hired as the next barn HC. API will use "Christian forgiveness" + fambly mumbo jumbo to validate the hire.

I'd be willing to bet this is being discussed by Pat and the boys as we speak.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Unless she got her new position because she gave sexual favors.
That's my point exactly. If so, then she can't claim sexual harassment - unless she can claim that her previous position - not with an UA entity - was endangered. You can't claim sexual harassment in advance, so to speak. I can see I'm not getting my point across. The very essence of SH is that pressure is put on an employee by a superior to have sex. She, in all probability started having sex with him before he was her superior. Now, if she cut him off and then he put pressure on her, then her claim would be revived. That's very unlikely, given the short period of time between her hiring and this incident. What she does have going for her is the "blackmail factor." The university can't really afford to go to the mats with her and suffer even more bad PR. So, they'll probably settle handsomely just to buy her silence...

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think they are trying to see if they can model this thing after the Rick Patino scandal and see if they come up with a way to keep him. That's old news now and certainly didn't keep from making the Final Four.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Forgive me if this has been suggested but I confess to not reading every page.

I predict Petrino is fired and 2 years from now following Cheezik's dismissal from API, hired as the next barn HC. API will use "Christian forgiveness" + fambly mumbo jumbo to validate the hire.

I'd be willing to bet this is being discussed by Pat and the boys as we speak.
The fact that Petrino met with Lowder to stab Tubs in the back might keep him away from the Barn. Then, again it might get him the job.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
He lied to his employer, which in turn delivered a statement of fact ... based on a lie. When you make your boss/employer look foolish, look out.
That enough is probably enough to can him.
In addition, there is the cover-up aspect involving the police officer in question, the questions involving his Petrino's hiring of this girl, etc.
I think he's toast.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Anyone know how the Ark in-state press is? I know if it was in TN, the in-state press would try to do as much damage-control as they could, while I think Alabama would do the opposite to us if this were happening here.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Anyone know how the Ark in-state press is? I know if it was in TN, the in-state press would try to do as much damage-control as they could, while I think Alabama would do the opposite to us if this were happening here.
From reading their boards, the consensus seems to be that the local media is typically scooped by national first (a la The Nutt Situation), but not this time. This time it was local press that went digging, found that there was a passenger, and put it out there first.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Bill Clinton hit everything he wanted in that state for 15 years. They never found him out. They're not asleep at the wheel, they're in a coma.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bill Clinton hit everything he wanted in that state for 15 years. They never found him out. They're not asleep at the wheel, they're in a coma.
Unlike the Petrino situation, as it appears now, Clinton had the active support and cooperation of his wife, because of her, um, own "interests." Also he wasn't stupid enough to embarrass the household until he got to the White House and started thinking he was omnipotent...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Unlike the Petrino situation, as it appears now, Clinton had the active support and cooperation of his wife, because of her, um, own "interests." Also he wasn't stupid enough to embarrass the household until he got to the White House and started thinking he was omnipotent...
True enough. What's Wally "The Village Idiot" Hall saying?

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
A couple thoughts I've not seen mentioned. Regarding the helmet, wouldn't you think one of the most recognizable men in the state of Ark. would want a helmet so folks wouldn't recognize him while he has a hot blonde on the back of his bike? Most folks would realize his wife isn't 25. Maybe she was wearing a helmet, which protected her from injuries (and view) so she wouldn't be recognized as young, blond and not his wife. Arky had the #34 class per Rivals. Petrino might win with that type class, if all goes perfectly. But, now add this scandal in and drop a couple future classes to say #45 or 50 and it gets that much tougher. I think either way, he has crippled the program. Agree, that best bet is an in house interim coach and then aim high next winter for new coach. Also, on the harassment claim, what if she 'cut him off' and he gave her the job to get it back? Opens him and the university to lots of unsavory claims. My guess, I don't see how they can keep him.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
That's my point exactly. If so, then she can't claim sexual harassment - unless she can claim that her previous position - not with an UA entity - was endangered. You can't claim sexual harassment in advance, so to speak. I can see I'm not getting my point across. The very essence of SH is that pressure is put on an employee by a superior to have sex. She, in all probability started having sex with him before he was her superior. Now, if she cut him off and then he put pressure on her, then her claim would be revived. That's very unlikely, given the short period of time between her hiring and this incident. What she does have going for her is the "blackmail factor." The university can't really afford to go to the mats with her and suffer even more bad PR. So, they'll probably settle handsomely just to buy her silence...
Clearly right now, with this tramp riding Petrinos hog as of this past weekend, I dont think there is a SH case to be found right now. But I think they will fire him based on the potential position the university could be in if their relationship continues. Based on hypotheticals. What if she got married? What if she decided to cut him off? What if she then became aggitated by her superior in any way, shape or form? Its the potential for a SH case that will have him looking for another job. Its not like the university can relocate her and then trust that he will stay away from her.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder if their affair was an unspoken secret within the inner circle at the football office.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if their affair was an unspoken secret within the inner circle at the football office.
Coworkers always know...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.