Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident

I was wrong once before, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they canned him. Unless there's more to it than an affair and an incredibly lame cover-up attempt. They put up with a lot more over a lot longer period of time with Houston Nutt and he wasn't consistently winning 10+ games a year. I have friends who are Ark fans and they think the guy walks on water. I just don't see it happening.
Did Nutt put his girlfriend on the payroll?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Wow. You totally miss the humor in all of this.

How's this for compassion? I feel bad for you. ;)
No - as I noted. But there are victims as well here, mainly the wife and fiance.

No need to feel bad for me, I am doing quite well.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Yah, as this sinks in, it's hard to make it look good for booby.
It's a hard call. Arkansas has already been made to look foolish with the whole Nutt philandering. Now they get a coach who actually knows what he's doing, and even he can't keep himself home where he belongs. Do you take the "fool me twice, shame on me" approach and toss him out or do you sell your soul to the football debil and keep a morally weak man at the helm hoping he continues to win (but possibly risk the Tiger Woods phenomenon of being sexually outted, then not being able to win for God knows how long)?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Travis Reier made a good point - any possible lawsuits from candidates that missed out on the job because of Miss Jessica?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I think his girl was a media type, wasn't she?
I wasn't aware of his situation so a quick google search showed she was a reporter for a TV station. But it seems he always denied he was having an affair.

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012

It sure sounds to me that he's doubtful to be employed by Arkansas this fall.

Amazingly, truth is always stranger than fiction.
It seems like a small thing, but if you add up the small things, it points to them letting them go.

- Lying to his superiors about the incident
- General lack of moral character (morality clause)
- Having extra marital relations with a subordinate
- Perhaps making personnel decisions based on said relations

Doesn't look good.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I think the only way for Petrino to save his job would be to release a statement that read some thing like, "There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about the University of Arkansas, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It's a hard call. Arkansas has already been made to look foolish with the whole Nutt philandering. Now they get a coach who actually knows what he's doing, and even he can't keep himself home where he belongs. Do you take the "fool me twice, shame on me" approach and toss him out or do you sell your soul to the football debil and keep a morally weak man at the helm hoping he continues to win (but possibly risk the Tiger Woods phenomenon of being sexually outted, then not being able to win for God knows how long)?
I just explained this very thing to my wife. I have a hard time believing they'd settle for success with an asterisk, so to speak, always worrying about what might happen next. They know booby wasn't the most, err, upstanding individual when they hired him...

The fact that booby apologized to everyone then stated he hoped to keep his job shows how close to edge this one is.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It seems like a small thing, but if you add up the small things, it points to them letting them go.

- Lying to his superiors about the incident
- General lack of moral character (morality clause)
- Having extra marital relations with a subordinate
- Perhaps making personnel decisions based on said relations

Doesn't look good.
And his history of using his word (contracts) as toilet paper...

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I think the only way for Petrino to save his job would be to release a statement that read some thing like, "There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about the University of Arkansas, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Remember the New Jersey governor who said he was gay? He had to resign after he gave his boyfriend a job for which he was not qualified.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Travis Reier made a good point - any possible lawsuits from candidates that missed out on the job because of Miss Jessica?
I'll bet lawyers are lining up for the was-gonna groom AND Mrs. Bobby.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.