Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident

Remember the New Jersey governor who said he was gay? He had to resign after he gave his boyfriend a job for which he was not qualified.
Yes, but in good politician fashion, he resigned "effective right after the November elections" so his party wouldn't lose the state house. His name was Jim McGreevey. If it was so bad you need to resign, he should have done it immediately. If not, he had no reason to resign. And the scumbag that replced him (Corzine) is in hot water right now, too.

Sorry, that one's just a real sore spot with me, and I haven't been to Jersey since I was eight.

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012

And his history of using his word (contracts) as toilet paper...
I should have added to my list, how stupid this makes him look. Stupid to not tow the line when you are such a public figure. Stupid to do it with an employee, perhaps an employee you hired because of the poo-nanny. He risks 4 million a year and a ruined reputation for a dalliance?

If he makes a series of dumb decisions like this, how reliable and trustworthy can he be?

With Fayetville in chaos, and what I predict to be a let-down year for LSU, it looks like 2012 is yet another year for our team (and our O-line of 6-3 to 6-6 all 300lb+ with 95 starts between them) to DOMINATE.

Woo Pig Sooie.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

It's humorous how a self-proclaimed "avid" motorcycle rider since the age of 10...who owns 5 motorcycles..claims the "wind and sun" caused him to wreck. Methinks ol' Bobby was possibly distracted...

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2012

Y'all are being too hard on my dear friend and fellow Arkansan.

Sincerely,
Bill Clinton

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

It's humorous how a self-proclaimed "avid" motorcycle rider since the age of 10...who owns 5 motorcyles..claims the "wind and sun" caused him to wreck. Methinks ol' Bobby was possibly distracted...
You make a valid point..I wouldn't be shocked if alcohol was involved either..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

When you think about it, this whole story is pretty pathetic. If I were in charge at Arkansas, he would have been fired yesterday (of course there is all the legal stuff to wade through, but still). You're competing with Alabama and LSU and you're thinking that you are on the cusp of breaking through. And your coach is out messing around like this?

They have absolutely zero chance of ever beating Nick Saban with this guy. I know the tendency is to think football first, ethics second. But I say if you are truly motivated by winning, then this guy is history. It's no wonder that Alabama has absolutely destroyed him in 3 of the 4 games we've had against him, and in the 4th, they completely melted down late and lost.

Yes, the ethics of the matter are horrible. But it paints a larger picture of ineptitude that isn't going to change. DuBose proved that.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA

Kinda makes me wonder if Bobby ever wore a helmet when he was riding around with this broad. You know, this day in age, you cant be too careful.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It's humorous how a self-proclaimed "avid" motorcycle rider since the age of 10...who owns 5 motorcyles..claims the "wind and sun" caused him to wreck. Methinks ol' Bobby was possibly distracted...
Curious that AD Long wouldn't even address the blood tests that were administered...

But yah, I agree.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

If there was an improper relationship between Petrino and the woman, then I do feel bad for her fiance, but at least it happened before the wedding so its easier to get out of it.

But Petrino should have known better and she was old enough to know better as well, She is not some 18 year old glassy eyed coed.
As the late, great Lewis Grizzard said (referring to Vanessa Williams's excuse that "she was only 19" when she posed before her Miss USA pageant),

"I don't know where y'all from but where I'm from NINETEEN is old enough to know whether or not to take your britches off."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

So how long until the first rumor about Saban going to Arkansas rumor comes out?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

I wouldn't worry much about CNS.
Coach Smart on the other hand,,,,,,,,,,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.