Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident (and more!)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Bobby Petrino Hurt In Motorcycle Accident

Reporter: "Is his job status in jeopardy at this point?"

AD Long: "I don't know what I will find in the review..."

WOW.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Guys, I don't know anymore details about this site until I do my review.

Honestly, that was horrible. Don't call a presser if you don't have any details or idea of what will happen.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Wow. Ol Bobby admits to an inappropriate relationship and is put on "paid administrative leave" until the UA PTB can figure out what to do next.

There you have it. I say he's out due to violating whatever morality clause they made sure to put in there after all of Nutt's hijinks.
I was wrong once before, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they canned him. Unless there's more to it than an affair and an incredibly lame cover-up attempt. They put up with a lot more over a lot longer period of time with Houston Nutt and he wasn't consistently winning 10+ games a year. I have friends who are Ark fans and they think the guy walks on water. I just don't see it happening.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hog fans who are familiar with Long say he looked very upset...
The only time I saw him upset was when the reporters kept asking questions in hopes to hear more than his cussed review.

If I was an Arky fan, I would want a new AD that could handle pressure.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Guys, I don't know anymore details about this site until I do my review.

Honestly, that was horrible. Don't call a presser if you don't have any details or idea of what will happen.
He had to say something. This thing has turned into a firestorm today. I think he had to have Petrino release a statement and he had to say "we're not trying to cover anything up" and "we're going to fully investigate before making a decision."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He had to say something. This thing has turned into a firestorm today. I think he had to have Petrino release a statement and he had to say "we're not trying to cover anything up" and "we're going to fully investigate before making a decision."
And administrative leave - in the middle of spring practice - is no small thing...

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

If/when she's fired I'll bet it's negotiated very carefully. Could be a very profitable 8-day career.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I hate it for the possibly soon to be ex-fiance...what a punch in the gut to find out your bride-to-be was having a "relationship" with someone old enough to be her father..and a co-worker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.