Jordan Jenkins "wasn't feeling" Alabama at the end

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Jenkins has always seemed like a great kid, so I wish him the best regardless. Hate we missed, but you can't win them all.

The position coach deal is kind of rational and irrational at the same time. It's true that Smart won't be here in three or four years, so that's an intelligent choice on his part. On the other hand, though, the odds of any coach being at any school for three or four more years down the road -- especially when it is a guy like Richt who has been there for more than a decade as it is -- are very low. To that extent, you better commit in large part to a school because the odds are relatively high that you will not finish your career with the coach you signed with.

As for us, in the end I think one of the big things that hurt us down the stretch was the rise of Ryan Anderson as a star prospect. Jenkins went from being the guy at Jack to likely fighting heavily with Anderson just to get on the field behind Dickson and Hubbard. He won't have that same problem in Athens. Grantham will have him on the field this fall and he'll be an every-down guy as a true sophomore.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I don't mind a kid going to another school, I know we can't get 'em all. But one thing I've always taken exception with is when parents or players are worried about committing to a school because of assistant coaches.

I guess everyone has a reason why they commit/don't commit to a certain school, but worrying about whether or not an assistant coach will still be there in 4 years would be pretty low on my list.
I believe that he does like Kirby Smart, and wants to play for him, and he thinks that Kirby Smart will be the head coach @ Georgia in the near future :).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't mind a kid going to another school, I know we can't get 'em all. But one thing I've always taken exception with is when parents or players are worried about committing to a school because of assistant coaches.

I guess everyone has a reason why they commit/don't commit to a certain school, but worrying about whether or not an assistant coach will still be there in 4 years would be pretty low on my list.
And the choir said "AMEN." Sounds like parents and player need a history lesson...

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
But that's up in the air no matter where you go. Rarely will a position coach stay at a school for 4 years. Just a strange reason IMHO.
Of course it is, but Alabama does have more staff turnover than most, but again that's because we win a high level and everyone wants to hire those coaches to install the "model".

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I can just see CGC with his powerpoint slide show trying to convince this kid that API is as good as Bama. Hilarious! That just shouts volumes regarding barn recruiting technique. Sort of sad really.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Allegiance to a school more than a to a coach is a perfectly valid reason. And so is vice-versa.
I wish him the best. Except when he plays us.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I can just see CGC with his powerpoint slide show trying to convince this kid that API is as good as Bama. Hilarious! That just shouts volumes regarding barn recruiting technique. Sort of sad really.
Apparently that is what Jenkins found to be so funny!! :biggrin:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
When your heart has changed in a matter, for whatever reason, you find all kinds of reasons for changing your direction.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.