Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Bama signee Dalvin Tomlinson 'significantly' injures knee playing soccer

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    I, for one, am a soccer fan, but If I was 6-2, 280 and had a full scholarship waiting for you based on how you play the "other" football, I don't think I'd be touching a soccer ball.
    That`s what I`ll NEVER understand. Same thing with pick up b`ball. Guess it just shows that wisdom really does come with age!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Love the Twilight/soccer comparison but also love the Twilight series. *hides under table*
    Hate Soccer. Everyday, everyway. Hate Soccer.

I agree that DT maybe should have skipped his senior season on the soccer team in favor of his scholarship to Bama.

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Love the Twilight/soccer comparison but also love the Twilight series. *hides under table*
    Hate Soccer. Everyday, everyway. Hate Soccer.

I agree that DT maybe should have skipped his senior season on the soccer team in favor of his scholarship to Bama.
    I wonder if anyone at Bama suggested this to him.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    I wonder if anyone at Bama suggested this to him.
    I guess what`s so frustrating with situations like this is that you`d think common sense would prevail. Then again, when I was 18 or so I`m sure I wasn`t overly endowed with that particular attribute either. The "Immortality syndrome of youth", I suppose. That`s why they do so well in fighter planes and assaulting beaches!

You can't stop competitors from competing. He's more than likely one of their better players and would be put under significant pressure by teammates and friends to keep playing...

I wonder how many of our players play on intramural teams, which makes FAR less sense to me than playing another HS sport.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslaw View Post
    You can't stop competitors from competing.
    That's basically it. Most of upper echelon players like him are highly driven, Type A personalities that want to compete at everything. Lots of these guys play sports year around. They just go straight from football to basketball to baseball to track, etc.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

part of what I've liked about Tomlinson since he commited was his pure athleticism that he shows in having success in multiple sports. accidents happen when you play sports no reason to debate whether this kid should have wrapped himself in bubble wrap placed himself in cold storage until the fall. High school athletes play high school sports.

hopefully he recovers quick and can compete in the fall.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation First Team

Does wisdom come with age, or progressively painful, stiff knees when you crawl out of bed each morning?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    Does wisdom come with age, or progressively painful, stiff knees when you crawl out of bed each morning?
    Well, assuming for a moment that I have more wisdom now than at 18, for me it`s both !

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

This kid is one of my favorite recruits. I can't remember the last heavyweight wrestling champion Bama got. Holdbrooks maybe?

BamaNation First Team

Soccer is great second sport to play I love what it does for the foot work, eye feet coronation, conditioning etc.

BamaNation All-American

So what's the prognosis on his knee?

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Soccer is like the Twilight book series, they run around for 2 hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand.

Obviously, you don't understand!
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag