Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RVTIDER's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Wicked on TideFans.com

Re: Mo Claiborne Notched a FOUR on the Wonderlic

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you, riz. When we leave NS, we wander into a land lacking in humor.
    Ohhhhh that is what this is missing, humor. I can fix that. But I will choose not to, I am afraid it will be frowned upon.
    God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    We take our sports a lot more serious than "Non-Sports"!
    I know!

Oh well, we've had about as much fun at the expense of that 4 as we can have. Hopefully, he manages to have a long career and he gets the last laugh.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

gives a whole new meaning to that fark I has a crayon doesn't it
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    Remember a former number one draft pick by the Raiders. Jamarcus Russell. I dont recall his Wonderlic. But look where he is nowhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JaMarcus_Russell

Just shows you no matter what talents god may have given you-unless you use the grey matter you could be the next poster boy for Dank.
    I remember that it was low enough to draw comment. I don't think it was single digits...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I remember that it was low enough to draw comment. I don't think it was single digits...
    I remember it being below average but it wasn't near this was it at least in the 20's maybe?
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    I remember it being below average but it wasn't near this was it at least in the 20's maybe?
    It really wasn't that bad. It was in the mid-20s. Of course QBs are expected to do a bit better, since it's a more cerebral position...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Bama_Dawg's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Athletes in Division 1 today, yes even Alabama, have IEP's (Individualized Education Program). This allows for student/athlete's who are less than "prepared for college" to have accommodations made towards their work and classes. Agree or disagree, but in today's PC world, we have the little league mentality of "everyone should play", ie. No Child Left Behind, even in our college classrooms...
    Wrong bogeyman, I'm afraid. That we give many of these kids a "pass" on academics has little to do with political correctness. It's because they generate millions of dollars for their respective universities, and so long as they're just "students", they never have to be compensated.

Heck, a guy breaks his neck covering a kickoff and he can't even file for workers comp.

Nice racket if you can get it.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I know!

Oh well, we've had about as much fun at the expense of that 4 as we can have. Hopefully, he manages to have a long career and he gets the last laugh.
    You did bring up a great point about the lack of laughter at others, which I believe is from fear.

For instance this morning I was watching a show about a charter flight of poor pilgrims who had never flown before heading to mecca from Ethiopia. To hit home these individuals newness to flight, they mentioned how a group of them that sat down in the isle and started a full blown barbecue before being told it was against flight rules. I thought it was a hilarious vision but they presented it as if it was some sort of religious practice, very dry and overly protective. It could have been presented with humor and respectfulness but they opted not to.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let this be a lesson to you, riz. When we leave NS, we wander into a land lacking in humor.

Haaaay! For really, though.

RIP Hub