Mo Claiborne Notched a FOUR on the Wonderlic

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just a thought but could his disability be credited to any head trauma from hits? We've seen the recent cases of football players that have major head issues.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
OK, so Claiborne may not be very smart. Stephen Hawking may not be very fast. I don't see the point in laughing at either.
I'm not laughing at him, but it certainly makes one wonder how he made through several years at LSU. That's my point. Maybe he doesn't test well, I dunno. Maybe he's as dumb as a brick. Either way, I'm curious as to how someone who should be intelligent enough to stay in school can do so poorly on a test like this...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not laughing at him, but it certainly makes one wonder how he made through several years at LSU. That's my point. Maybe he doesn't test well, I dunno. Maybe he's as dumb as a brick. Either way, I'm curious as to how someone who should be intelligent enough to stay in school can do so poorly on a test like this...
Well, he does play for a coach who eats grass...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A caller asked Paul Finebaum yesterday a question that should be addressed by almost every school - how many players are classified as having a learning disorder to make sure they get more benefits?

Personally, I don't see what the use of that would be. Think of the benefits college athletes get - REQUIRED study hall and tutors (and at Bama they're available 24 hours IIRC). How can you not do well with that? I know my grades would be much better if I had that assistance.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
A caller asked Paul Finebaum yesterday a question that should be addressed by almost every school - how many players are classified as having a learning disorder to make sure they get more benefits?

Personally, I don't see what the use of that would be. Think of the benefits college athletes get - REQUIRED study hall and tutors (and at Bama they're available 24 hours IIRC). How can you not do well with that? I know my grades would be much better if I had that assistance.
It depends on the definition of "Tutoring". Is it "homework help" or is it actually "teaching" someone to do something?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Originally Posted by RTR91

It depends on the definition of "Tutoring". Is it "homework help" or is it actually "teaching" someone to do something?
Maybe degree's should designate if someone required learning disability conditions over someone who didn't. There seems to be a lot more questionable learning disabilities these days because the definition is not clear, so someone with a flat out low IQ could be labeled learning disabled very easily if the ones who make the judgement call want it that way.

Someone who gets to tweak the system to better suit their mentality could very easily get a higher GPA than someone who didn't that tried just as hard.

Just a thought. And it's really not mean if you think about it. Someone that does the hiring that has two applications should have that information imo.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
People aren't required to disclose their disabilities. A job should determine whether the person can do the job or not without forcing someone to disclose their media
History. That's how the Ada works to prevent discrimination.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
People aren't required to disclose their disabilities. A job should determine whether the person can do the job or not without forcing someone to disclose their media
History. That's how the Ada works to prevent discrimination.
All areas are open for discussion for possible reinterpretation or change too. But you are correct. Maybe I am off base, but I think it stems from the abuses of the definition of learning disabilities to get certain people through college that are not college material. But college is the only realistic option of getting in the NFL these days, so we have a large group of student athletes that hate school and would have nothing to do with it, if not for football. I don't blame them for going that route, but college is not for everyone. 40 years ago it was the opposite, people withstanding Junction because it was their only ticket to school.

My son is at Alabama right now and he was diagnosed with ADD and had early problems and was over medicated imo. He is making B's in his 2nd year of engineering school "calculus 3", and has figured out tricks and ways to help with his attention problems fortunately. I am paying full tuition and expenses and it's killing me!

College should not be for everyone, if so, it losses it's importance and you then before you know a Bachelor's 1960 = a PhD 2015. The collective opinion of below is sad but becoming true.

And before you guys go knocking too hard on "student"-athletes, a word of caution that "earning" a college degree these days is only slightly more difficult that ordering dinner at the McDonald's drive-thru. Not coincidentally, the value of said degree is about the same, too.

Simple formula: Pay your money every semester + Show up to class a few times per semester + Wait four to five years = College degree with your name on it.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The man is a shutdown corner and that's all the NFL is worried about.
20 years ago, but not today. Play's the biggest role and will guarantee you a first round pick unless you have a huge red flag, but where in the 1st round is where other factors come into play. Otherwise they wouldn't have all the background checks, interviews with family members and coaches, and these questionable IQ tests.

The new pay structure helps ease a little of the tension that millions of dollars on a gambling table can bring.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Ok this is all funny but let's give him a break.
We have banned LSU fans from even posting on this site and now I can't laugh at him for nailing a 4 on the Wonderlic? Dude, Claiborne is about to be a multi-millionaire with one autograph here in a month or so and if he has sense enough to listen to the right people will have secured his financial future before he turns 23.

Homeboy will have the last laugh. All I ask is let me have this one. Carry on...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.