Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Re: Mo Claiborne Notched a FOUR on the Wonderlic

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I graduated with a girl that carried a 4.0 GPA all the way through school, but couldn't score higher than a 13 on the ACT. She got in college. Got a degree. Now she's a lawyer. Some people just don't do well on tests.

I think we make too much of this wonderlic test. It's not like the guys that score perfect or near perfect go on to transcend the league or anything. Seems to me that Claiborne is good enough to cover a receiver. That's all any team will probably be worried about.
    If she carried a 4.0 GPA, I'd say she usually did pretty well on tests.
    RIP Hub

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Juuuust not the standardized ones
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Nah, most schools now will give extra test time to students who need it.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Originally Posted by CapstoneTider Basic Intelligence is a culturally biased opinion. The "intelligence" to send a man to the moon vs the making a balsa wood boat with no tools can both be looked on as equally great achievements as they both create the necessary vehicle to stimulate the communities through intelligence.

Let me give you some of my culturally biased opinion. He scored 4, he ain't real smart.
    Lol.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    Note: Morris Claiborne notched more interceptions in 2011 than he did points on the Wonderlic.
    Is that a good thing or bad thing?
    ...good if he's playing football...bad if he's doing anything else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The Wonderlick is very overrated in measuring anything - Dan Marino got a 16 out of 50.

In fact, the lower a TE or CB scores on the Wonderlick, the better he performs on the field, so this might actually increase Claiborne's draft value.

This is from the ESPN article...
    I don't know about tight ends but it makes sense for a DB in a way. After all you want a DB to react rather than think. If he thinks he's mostly likely gonna get burnt.

Is the current suggestion that there are no intelligent (relatively speaking) CBs in the NFL who play well?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

You would think.

Many courses base their mark strictlyon papers though, without holding any tests or exams, so I suppose one can "studiously" avoid them.

Most of my undergrad courses were like that, in fact.

Miraculously, I did surprisingly well in the LSAT - which, back then, was a 6 hour exam - enough to help get me into a top law school.

Even though I had a knot in my gut the whole time, and I left there thinking I'd blown it...

Hard to say what happened with Claiborne, especially after reading the various opinions in these posts...

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Nah, most schools now will give extra test time to students who need it.
    I'd prolly still be sitting there.
    RIP Hub

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    You would think.

Many courses base their mark strictlyon papers though, without holding any tests or exams, so I suppose one can "studiously" avoid them.

Most of my undergrad courses were like that, in fact.

Miraculously, I did surprisingly well in the LSAT - which, back then, was a 6 hour exam - enough to help get me into a top law school.

Even though I had a knot in my gut the whole time, and I left there thinking I'd blown it...

Hard to say what happened with Claiborne, especially after reading the various opinions in these posts...
    I would venture to say it is a learning disability with regard to his reading. But who knows? If he truly is a good kid like what I've read I wish him the best and hope he can find some help for any LD he may have. Because lord knows he'll be able to afford it.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just a thought but could his disability be credited to any head trauma from hits? We've seen the recent cases of football players that have major head issues.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Ok this is all funny but let's give him a break.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Ok this is all funny but let's give him a break.
    Party pooper