Recruiting Update: Devonta Pollard and Gavin Ware

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
I'm positive Grant will have many years to recruit. I ignore those idiots. If this was the fall signing period I'd say use them all. I'm just not thrilled with what is left. I'd gladly take Walker, but if he chooses FSU I wouldn't be heart broken. Unless we can find a guy that is an immediate impact guy I say save it for next year. Heck, I'd be ok with only signing Pollard and saving 2. Unless there is a huge surprise I don't see any immediate impact guys left outside of Pollard. There will be a lot of Devon Walkers and Marcel Whites in next years class.

I partially agree with you because of the fact that I would really like to have Walker. I mean we really dont have a true 3 now with Mitchell gone and he fits our style perfectly. Long wing who can shoot it and is athletic. I think he is underrated based on his stats. I like Pollard but i just dont know how we will use him. I mean he isnt very good offensively.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I partially agree with you because of the fact that I would really like to have Walker. I mean we really dont have a true 3 now with Mitchell gone and he fits our style perfectly. Long wing who can shoot it and is athletic. I think he is underrated based on his stats. I like Pollard but i just dont know how we will use him. I mean he isnt very good offensively.
If he is not very good offensively, then he has got to be what we are looking for! He would fit right in!

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
How bout a Pollard update? Good visit? I know he still has the trip to Georgetown, but I think he would fit well with Alabama.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
How bout a Pollard update? Good visit? I know he still has the trip to Georgetown, but I think he would fit well with Alabama.
Great visit. A lot of people think we have a better shot with him that we do or did with Walker.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It seems to me that Pollard is keeping as a backup plan while he bides his time hoping for an offer from another school. There is no reason for him to just hold out this long.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
It seems to me that Pollard is keeping as a backup plan while he bides his time hoping for an offer from another school. There is no reason for him to just hold out this long.
What school would that be? He's taken all of his visits and has offers from everyone. This is very common in basketball. Some players commit before the season to get it over with. Other wait until after their seasons to even begin taking it serious.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
As MTA06 said, what other schools? He's got an offer from pretty much everywhere. He's already turned Kentucky down.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Update on Pollard: According to a few sources, he will take 2 weeks to figure out where he will go. His visit to Georgetown did not go great but still was "good." It appears distance will play a big part in his decision, contrary to previous statements made by he and his family. Tbh, we are sitting in the catbird's seat with him.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Devonta Pollard will announce his decision on May 5th at his high school. Rumors circulating that he has cut Georgetown and Texas off of his list. If that is the case, we are in really good shape for him.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
Great im ready to get this over with. Also when watching his game on tv i saw a lot of Alabama sweatshirts, hope thats a good sign.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Actually, he might just go ahead and announce tomorrow (Friday the 4th). However, I am now hearing rumors that he might push it back once again citing that the "time just aint right." I really wish he would just go ahead and announce tomorrow and get this over with. It really seems like he may never announce. If he does indeed announce tomorrow, I have to believe it is between us and Missouri, with Georgetown being a close third and Texas just a name at this point. If he postpones it, watch out for LSU as they just hired Robert Kirby from GU, whom he had a great relationship with.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
He's pushing the decision. He's at a point where he now has to choose between his "also rans." He was going to State and Stans was fired. Then Kirby left Georgetown for LSU. Re-evaluating needs to be done.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
He's pushing the decision. He's at a point where he now has to choose between his "also rans." He was going to State and Stans was fired. Then Kirby left Georgetown for LSU. Re-evaluating needs to be done.
So you are saying Gtown was his second choice? That makes me worry about LSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.