Recruiting Update: Devonta Pollard and Gavin Ware

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Pollard will take his OV to Alabama this weekend. This will be his 13th or 14th time on campus. He visits G'Town after us. Most believe it is down to Bama and the Hoyas. Gavin Ware another 4 start rivals top 100 prospect and 6'9 big man from Mississippi is considering opting out of his scholarship with State b/c of the coaching change. Ware signed during the early signing period. He hasn't made a final decision. It has been said that he would want to stay on the SEC and Bama would be in consideration. He gave us a strong look during his recruitment. He and Pollard are good friends and at one point mentioned playing together in college. They were both recruited very hard by Bama, State, and Georgetown (Robert Kirby connection). When Ware committed to State during the summer a lot of Bama fans, me included, thought no big deal b/c we had other bigs on our radar. Well, I would LOVE to see Ware in Tuscaloosa along with Pollard.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
I am starting to feel confident we get Pollard. I don't think MSU is going to get back in it and I think he'll choose us over Georgetown due to distance from home.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am starting to feel confident we get Pollard. I don't think MSU is going to get back in it and I think he'll choose us over Georgetown due to distance from home.
My family has hunting property in Kemper County, and I have a hard time seeing a kid from DeKalb, MIssissippi heading up to Georgetown.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
So now we have three open spots. I kinda doubt we use all three in this class just because I don't know who we are in on other than Pollard and Walker. I think we get Pollard and possibly Walker or Sword if he wants out of his LOI with MSU.

If we save a spot that would give us three for next year and we could sign Hale and the in state guys Taylor and Mostella.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Pollard is with Grant at the Softball game right now against LSU.

Got the text from my mom saying there was a really tall guy who someone said was the 9th best guy in the nation there. haha

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
So now we have three open spots. I kinda doubt we use all three in this class just because I don't know who we are in on other than Pollard and Walker. I think we get Pollard and possibly Walker or Sword if he wants out of his LOI with MSU.

If we save a spot that would give us three for next year and we could sign Hale and the in state guys Taylor and Mostella.
I dont think we can afford to wait around for players that may or may not come in. If he could get 3 guys now he needs to get them and let the best players play and the others leave. Just like Saban does. I for one am glad to see Hank leave, he just doesnt fit our style he isnt athletic enough. He was brought here to be a shooter and that hasnt worked out. Best wishes to him. Would really love to add sword or Walker, Pollard, and Ware or Cothron.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
Well if we can sign 3 players in this class I am all for it. Ware is solid to MSU last I heard and I did not know we were recruiting anyone named Cothron. Isn't he the one who was unable to qualify a year or two ago?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I dont think we can afford to wait around for players that may or may not come in. If he could get 3 guys now he needs to get them and let the best players play and the others leave. Just like Saban does. I for one am glad to see Hank leave, he just doesnt fit our style he isnt athletic enough. He was brought here to be a shooter and that hasnt worked out. Best wishes to him. Would really love to add sword or Walker, Pollard, and Ware or Cothron.
Sword and Ware aren't going to happen. I hope we aren't seriously considering Corthon unless he has done a complete 180 and had a few therapy session. If he couldn't get along with a JUCO coach at Southern Idaho no way he gets a long with Coach Grant. We've always had better relationships with the 2013 class than we have for 2012. I say sign Walker and Pollard and save the other for 2013. There isn't a whole lot left out there.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
Sword and Ware aren't going to happen. I hope we aren't seriously considering Corthon unless he has done a complete 180 and had a few therapy session. If he couldn't get along with a JUCO coach at Southern Idaho no way he gets a long with Coach Grant. We've always had better relationships with the 2013 class than we have for 2012. I say sign Walker and Pollard and save the other for 2013. There isn't a whole lot left out there.
The way our fans act CAG wont have next year to recruit. I think he needs to go out and get whoever that can help this team. I agree we wont get Sword or Ward but we definitley need 2 or 3 players. Hopefully a big is one of those.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
How do Walker and Sword compare?
Totally different type of players. Walker is a 6'6 wing player who can play the 2 or 3 has a all around game. He compares very well to Tony Mitchell. Sword is a beast but is a 6'3 SG so im guessing thats the reason we didnt go after him hard but he showed out in the Miss/All all star game. Thats why I want him.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
The way our fans act CAG wont have next year to recruit. I think he needs to go out and get whoever that can help this team. I agree we wont get Sword or Ward but we definitley need 2 or 3 players. Hopefully a big is one of those.
I'm positive Grant will have many years to recruit. I ignore those idiots. If this was the fall signing period I'd say use them all. I'm just not thrilled with what is left. I'd gladly take Walker, but if he chooses FSU I wouldn't be heart broken. Unless we can find a guy that is an immediate impact guy I say save it for next year. Heck, I'd be ok with only signing Pollard and saving 2. Unless there is a huge surprise I don't see any immediate impact guys left outside of Pollard. There will be a lot of Devon Walkers and Marcel Whites in next years class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.