BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Hail and farewell James Marshall (Marshall amps)

Creator of Marshall Amplifiers dies today (4/5) at 88 years of age.

"James Charles "Jim" Marshall, OBE (July 29, 1923 April 5, 2012), known as The Father of Loud or The Lord of Loud, was an English businessman, and pioneer of guitar amplification. His company, Marshall Amplification, has created kits used by some of the biggest names in rock, producing amplifiers with an iconic status.Marshall received an OBE honour for "services to the music industry and to charity". Marshall has been listed as one of the four forefathers of rock music equipment along with Leo Fender, Les Paul and Seth Lover."

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mar...businessman%29

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hail and farewell James Marshall (Marshall amps)

One of these days I'm going to own a Marshall amp, if for no other reason than just because.
    RIP Hub

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    One of these days I'm going to own a Marshall amp, if for no other reason than just because.
    I have a JCM2000-DSL 60 watt. Beautiful sounding amp. I need to dust it off. Been playing my acoustics almost exclusively for the last year or so.

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Hail and farewell James Marshall (Marshall amps)

Marshall amps the best around IMO.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.