Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 32
  1. #1
    BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    4,073

    Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    1. Matt Barkley
    2. Geno Smith
    3. A.J. McCarron
    4. Denard Robinson
    5. Aaron Murray

    From College Football Live on ESPN

    Has Arky fans to say the least a little unhappy. But based on returning QBs on what they did last year I could argue for 4 of them. Barkley I have no issue with. mcCarron did win the BCSNC and Robinson and Smith both won BCS games. Murray I am not sure and if it is based on performance T Wilson was not good in the big games and L Jones either.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    6,540
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    1. Matt Barkley
    2. Geno Smith
    3. A.J. McCarron
    4. Denard Robinson
    5. Aaron Murray

    From College Football Live on ESPN

    Has Arky fans to say the least a little unhappy. But based on returning QBs on what they did last year I could argue for 4 of them. Barkley I have no issue with. mcCarron did win the BCSNC and Robinson and Smith both won BCS games. Murray I am not sure and if it is based on performance T Wilson was not good in the big games and L Jones either.
    Wilson is going to get labeled a "system QB." Interestingly, it might not be a system they run much longer.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

  4. #3
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    4,114

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ YellowHammer View Post
    Wilson is going to get labeled a "system QB." Interestingly, it might not be a system they run much longer.
    I'm starting to think that this whole system issue is why so many new quarterbacks are having a hard time in the NFL. I think Murray will be fine. I think AJ might make it. I think if you run anything more exotic than the West Coast offense in college, you're doomed at the next level.

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    4,073
    Thread Starter

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Wilson had all the weapons around him, atleast in the WR group and supposedly one of the best offensive minds around. Atleast better at that than driving a motorcycle and picking his riders. 8)

    Murray I think the jury is still out atleast in my mind. Actually I would put Bray ahead of Wilson and Murray. He did great with what he had until he got hurt.

  6. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    6,540
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    I'm starting to think that this whole system issue is why so many new quarterbacks are having a hard time in the NFL. I think Murray will be fine. I think AJ might make it. I think if you run anything more exotic than the West Coast offense in college, you're doomed at the next level.
    Much to Dan Mullen's chagrin, CNS has been saying that for awhile now. He hasn't come out and said "system QBs can never make it in the NFL", because that wouldn't be true, but he has said it makes it harder on NFL teams to evaluate the QBs in question.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

  7. #6
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    859

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    I'd definintely put Wilson ahead of Murray or Bray. The guy did lead his team to #5 in the final ranking.

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    6,540
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by markenk View Post
    I'd definintely put Wilson ahead of Murray or Bray. The guy did lead his team to #5 in the final ranking.
    So did Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

  9. #8
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    859

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ YellowHammer View Post
    So did Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee.
    Except that Wilson is basically all Arkansas had while Jefferson and Lee are not for LSU.

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    6,540
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by markenk View Post
    Except that Wilson is basically all Arkansas had while Jefferson and Lee are not for LSU.
    LSU is obviously much more talented than Arky. I still don't have a problem with Ware keeping Wilson off of his top 5 QB list.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

  11. #10
    BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    4,073
    Thread Starter

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by markenk View Post
    Except that Wilson is basically all Arkansas had while Jefferson and Lee are not for LSU.
    For a QB Ark was better than LSU in my opinion. The OL were not much different. LSU had a better running game but Ark had far better WRs.

  12. #11
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Auburn/near a cow pasture
    Posts
    2,935
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    I think Ware has Geno Smith too high. not even going to comment on Robinson at 5

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    20,187
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    I think Ware has Geno Smith too high. not even going to comment on Robinson at 5
    Geno will put up big numbers in Year 2 of Holgerson's system. Not saying he's deserving of a Top 5 rating, but he'll put up Top 5-like numbers.

    Denard is an athlete that can throw well enough to play QB. He's not a Top 5 QB. Top 5 Athlete? Sure.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  14. #13
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,054
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Andre Ware's top 5 returning CFB QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    For a QB Ark was better than LSU in my opinion. The OL were not much different. LSU had a better running game but Ark had far better WRs.
    LSU's oline was way better than Arkansas'. Ark started two freshman tackles throughout the year. LSU lead the conference or was just behind Bama in sacks allowed. I know part of that is Arkansas throws a lot but they had a very inexperienced line coming last year. Which is why I knew we were going to kill them.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!