Arkansas Calls Press Conference for 7:15 - Bobby Petrino FIRED

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Oops, missed the Excite Bike pic in the other thread. Rumors also going around now that "pictures" could be forthcoming. Yikes...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Oops, missed the Excite Bike pic in the other thread. Rumors also going around now that "pictures" could be forthcoming. Yikes...
Not sure if that was Clay Travis just trolling or what. I don't think anyone has access to those pics unless it's Dorrell or Petrino. Although, I'd bet Dorrell could sell her story & pics for a lot of money.

Here's a great breakdown of the texts & phone calls:

Texts exchanged between Petrino and Dorrell in the six days leading up to Arkansas’ visit to No. 1 Alabama.

Texts exchanged on a randomly chosen day, Sunday, Oct. 2. Between 12:30 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. that day, the pair exchanged 56 texts during which time Petrino’s phone neither sent nor received any others.

Texts exchanged on Saturday, Sept. 24, the day of the Hogs’ visit to Alabama. The earliest was sent at 9:35 a.m. and the latest at 10:25 p.m. One text was sent — the phone records do not specify who sent and who received — at 4:29 p.m., which would have been near the end of halftime or early in the third quarter.
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/04/12/041212-sports-fbc-petrino-texts/

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Not sure if that was Clay Travis just trolling or what. I don't think anyone has access to those pics unless it's Dorrell or Petrino. Although, I'd bet Dorrell could sell her story & pics for a lot of money.
Well if the "source" was CT, then it definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt. However, with all the "deadspin" type media out there now, you never know what may turn up.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: Jeff Long did the right thing!

I'm changing my mind about Petrino. I should hang a poster of him in the den.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I used to think the same thing, that only 14 year old girls text. But now that is about all I do, wife, kids, friends and yes even most of my bosses.
I'm the same way, but I don't think (or at least, I hope I wouldn't) text my boss in this situation. Feel like CBP should have made a phone call.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

i am convinced my sister has actually forgotten how to use a phone. i don't think she even knows that you can actually make phone calls with a phone. she is 32 and does nothing but text people.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I'm the same way, but I don't think (or at least, I hope I wouldn't) text my boss in this situation. Feel like CBP should have made a phone call.

I agree...
Until 'Katrina' flooded N.O. I never Texted. For a while that was the only way to communicate with people on the Gulf Coast in that emergency situation. (Retired L.E.O...)
It seems that when voice transmissions were 'down', you could still text into the stricken area.
Now-a-days I have a phone with a qwerty keyboard,
for areas I can't use VOICE...
(Not to many areas you can't use voice, ie. Yellowstone ect...)

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I guess I missed it in all the hoopla but, was she injured at all in the accident or did she use Petrino as an air bag?

From al.com article above said:
Later Wilkinson played for four seasons in the NFL, including 3/4 season under Bobby Petrino with the Atlanta Falcons.
Fixed it for them.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.