Arkansas Calls Press Conference for 7:15 - Bobby Petrino FIRED

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Re: Jeff Long did the right thing!

The University of Arkansas offered Jessica a first class ticket out of Fayetteville, but she declined because she only rides coach

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
84 text messages the day before Vandy. No wonder they looked so bad. I saw that game and Ark should have lost. Guess he had his mind on stacking the box.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Remember the whole Mike Price "Tide's rolling baby?"

I can't help but ponder....and it involves her wearing a pig snout, rocking back & forth and doing that stupid pig call, (falls in the floor unconscious from laughter)....

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i havent heard anywhere about any type of severance pay or if he gets nothing on the way out. I was wondering if he gets the ax without any compensation here. I really havent looked into or read much about this story yet.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Remember the whole Mike Price "Tide's rolling baby?"

I can't help but ponder....and it involves her wearing a pig snout, rocking back & forth and doing that stupid pig call, (falls in the floor unconscious from laughter)....
We were talking about that at work and hollering "soooooey" at each other all day. ROFL. We had some fun with that and some other things.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Jeff Long did the right thing!

Y'all I don't mean to defend Petrino, but a couple of things:

1. I want to reserve the phrase "scum bag" for serious cases.
2. The affair and the cover up is a serious case.
3. Lying about a coaching job isn't scum bag level. Too many folks do that these days, rightly or wrongly.
It is the national perception which carries the day. What we think (as individuals) does not define the mood.
I agree with you about the term scumbag being loosely thrown about. I wouldn't call the job searchs as such.

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
If you can excuse walking out on the team with three games remaining, not even having the stones to tell them to their faces but typing up a note, then I guess some folks just have different standards of behavior.

And this whole thing is probably getting ready to get a LOT uglier with these phone records...
I can excuse it because we're talking about mercenaries, not real teams. It's professional sports--100% business. It would be like getting ticked at the CEO of Pepsi leaving for a better job at Coke. Who cares?

I never once faulted Petrino for leaving the Falcons. If it had been an actual team (college or high school) I would have.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Hogville.net is up again, it had been down due to traffic the past two days. One cannot access it unless you sign in. Just in case anyone cared.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
I can excuse it because we're talking about mercenaries, not real teams. It's professional sports--100% business. It would be like getting ticked at the CEO of Pepsi leaving for a better job at Coke. Who cares?

I never once faulted Petrino for leaving the Falcons. If it had been an actual team (college or high school) I would have.
I live in ATL but I don't have much love for the Falcons. Still, what Petrino did them was the epitome of classlessness. Yeah it's a business, but that doesn't justify his behavior. If I'm working at a company and planning to leave the next day, I don't tell the CEO I'm committed to him knowing I've been hired at another firm and packing my bags that night. The Falcons paid Petrino a enormous sum of money to coach their team for 16 games. Maybe things didn't go like Bobby wanted in ATL, but he agreed to do a job and then snuck out the back door without having the decency to tell anyone to their face he was quitting.

Anyway, Jeff Long can cry all he wants at his presser and lament the damage done to his fine university, but it's all his fault. Arkansas knew exactly what kind of man they were getting because they were complicit in him screwing the Falcons. No big deal then I guess, and Petrino is a very good coach who won there as expected. But Jeff Long and Arkansas knew Petrino was an irresponsible, low class individual when he was hired, so I don't see how they could have expected him to act differently in Fayetteville.

Lbooker1987

Apr 9, 2012
Saw this one earlier:

"The University of Arkansas offered Jessica Dorrell a first class ticket out of Fayetteville, but she declined because she only rides coach."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Saw this one earlier:

"The University of Arkansas offered Jessica Dorrell a first class ticket out of Fayetteville, but she declined because she only rides coach."
Yes - that's the THIRD time in THIS THREAD that same joke has made an appearance.

It's losing it's humor.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rumors are flying that more info will be coming out soon - things ADJL didn't bring up in the press conference but will further highlight Petrino's (lack of) character. Gonna be a rough ride for the army fans, it seems...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.