Arkansas Calls Press Conference for 7:15 - Bobby Petrino FIRED

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Re: Arkansas Calls Press Conference for 7:15

Matt__Turner
Press conference at 7:15 at Bud Walton Arena about Bobby Petrino. Also, Petrino's son just posted the words "Sooo ....ed” on Twitter.

Maybe he meant sooie ....ed?
Or "Sued"? Looking to see if any Hog state TV will carry a live feed

RTRFanatic

All-SEC
Aug 8, 2009

Joe Schad tweeted that Petrino is out.
....and now it's on ESPN...

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow, everyone is running with this now - wait and see mode but it looks like Arky has fired Petrino.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
They did the right thing. Who cares if what he did has nothing to do with football? He was representing the university and deserves to face the consequences

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

No surprise, the combination of all the facts damned Petrino.

I'm betting they name an interim coach for the 2012 season with the intention for a search when the coach's agents are in prime moving/extension grabbing season (end of November and December). Unless they want the SEC's next Mike Shula, which I hope they do.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

How can you take a risk with a guy that has already lied to you about that .. what else would he deem unworthy of the truth to the University and the AD.

They did the right thing. Who cares if what he did has nothing to do with football? He was representing the university and deserves to face the consequences

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk
When he lied to his bosses about it, he made it about football. He was leading young men. His credibility is lost now. I was listen to F bomb today on the way home. He was saying it wouldn't hurt recruiting. I think he was wrong. That was the right thing to do, back to 7-5, maybe...

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

What's really got me scratching my head is the amount of posts from Arkansas fans yammering for Jeff Long to be fired.......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.