*** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 18)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: QB Cooper Bateman Updates

Exactly. What do you mean No? He wanted to see him before he offered him. What are you disagreeing on?
he wanted to see him this spring at his school. (not in camp like you were saying) If you meant in general you are correct then.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Bateman has probably the biggest arm in this class. Also look out for a georgia kid named Dobbs.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Wanted to pass along that Bateman said yesterday per twitter that we have a slight lead over LSU .

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

BamaMag has an article up on Bateman. He says he will be visiting Bama one more time around the first or second week of June. Charles Power talked to him this morning, and he said this will be his last visit. He said in the article if it feels right, Bama may be where he ends up. Looks like this visit will be huge.

Edit: Bringing his coach and parents.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BamaMag has an article up on Bateman. He says he will be visiting Bama one more time around the first or second week of June. Charles Power talked to him this morning, and he said this will be his last visit. He said in the article if it feels right, Bama may be where he ends up. Looks like this visit will be huge.

Edit: Bringing his coach and parents.
This is looking really good. Go ahead and commit Cooper and be a part of history.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

He had some very positive comments about Alabama. I wish I could post them, but suffice to say that with his parents and coach coming in June, it looks very good for Alabama. We'll be the only out-of-state program he's visited more than once. I think if his parents sign off on being 2,000 miles from home, Alabama has their QB for the 2013 class.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Do have a link for this twitter? and is it his? The only reason I ask is because national guys feel he will stay out west and that I saw today on different sites. Just curious.
The only news from twitter I have seen on Cooper Bateman was from two regional reporters for Scout. There is a Scout article out with some nice quotes from Bateman on returning to Alabama in June.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The only news from twitter I have seen on Cooper Bateman was from two regional reporters for Scout. There is a Scout article out with some nice quotes from Bateman on returning to Alabama in June.
Yeah I read that and have seen most think it is down to UW and UA. Even though I have seen LSU mentioned. He had a great trip last week to UW and after that said he would visit UA one more time and this time both his parents and coach would visit with him. And after that visit he will decide. Sort of sounds like he really likes the idea of playing at UA but his parents need to be sold on it. Which Saban is the best at that. But JC Shubert said he thinks Bateman will stay in Utah.

I do agree that if Bateman visits I like our chacnes and would not be surprised if he commited on the trip. The interesting plot of the visit is which day he comes for that camp. I have already seen where up to 4 other QBs are also scheduled to come and throw that weekend. Including M Trubrisky, C Mitch, M Starver, and R Ferguson. Should be an interesting camp that week.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Yeah I read that and have seen most think it is down to UW and UA. Even though I have seen LSU mentioned. He had a great trip last week to UW and after that said he would visit UA one more time and this time both his parents and coach would visit with him. And after that visit he will decide. Sort of sounds like he really likes the idea of playing at UA but his parents need to be sold on it. Which Saban is the best at that. But JC Shubert said he thinks Bateman will stay in Utah.

I do agree that if Bateman visits I like our chacnes and would not be surprised if he commited on the trip. The interesting plot of the visit is which day he comes for that camp. I have already seen where up to 4 other QBs are also scheduled to come and throw that weekend. Including M Trubrisky, C Mitch, M Starver, and R Ferguson. Should be an interesting camp that week.
With it being down to Alabama and Washington, I like our chances. I was more worried about Utah.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.